Famcraft

Author Topic: Banned For Being Honest?  (Read 2102 times)

Offline WyattMoon19

• View Profile
Banned For Being Honest?
« Opened on June 03, 2014, 03:50:07 PM (Edited June 03, 2014, 04:01:39 PM) »
-A little background

Three years ago I joined my first minecraft server. It was much like FamCraft and is sadly no longer up. FamCraft brings back allot of memories and I enjoy the community and the way the server is ran (Mostly) Although I feel staff can be a little over the top sometime. (Not necessarily a bad thing all the time) and I'm not saying that in a patronising way by any means, I simply think that I should be heard on the server before I get banned straight away. That being said Ill just jump into this.

-The Story

Playing today I was asking questions and making money as a Lumber Jack (as people do) I was exploring and had allot of fun! I explored carnivals towns malls etc. The server is amazing. Me and my friend _ghost51399 have discussed making a video on a carnival map for years! I told the admin "Anna" I think her name is that I wanted to record. I added my friend to a Skype call and gave him the IP. He joined and we had tons of fun. We were raking in the dough chopping down forests like we were Paul Bunyan! Then once we sold our wood we warped to the carnival. we started with the dunking pool and had a ton of fun! (returned the bows and arrows) Then we went to the Bumper Car ride.. Not as fun but whatevs.. (We did'nt ever break any carts) Then we went on the roller coaster. It was amazing and we complemented it! Then we moved on to the maze... It was extremely tricky and we eventually gave up. but we couldn't get out. I noticed that near the starting door there was a piece of glass missing connecting the start with the end. I broke the remaining glass (expecting it to be protected) but it broke. We laughed and talked to each other about what we should do. I saw there were no admins on and so I messaged the helper (as seen below) He/She didn't msg me back so Im assuming He/She told an admin that we were griefing. (which we didn't) We then left the maze and out side we saw a trash can. we couldn't open the chest under the hopper so i broke ONE grass block opened the TRASH and took what was inside. (cotton candy and popcorn) I threw some to my friend and kept half. I then said in our Skype call "nomnomnomnomnom" and threw it back into the trash can. (I replaced the dirt by then) and we both got banned. Neither of us said anything for like a minute. We didn't understand why we were banned. We had only looked in the trash can and broke 2 glass. The 2 glass we broke we were trying to fix! I got on my alt account (YouMadBro19) and got on the server. I said "Hello." While I was typing "Why was I banned" YouMadBro19 Was Banned. So I got on the forums made an account and now Im here. Overall, I see why I was banned. Although I think I should have had more of a trial on the server. Not just an insta ban for trying to fix something. Thanks for your understanding.

-An apology stating what you did wrong and how you will fix it

My apologies, I placed the dirt back and also the items I took from the trash can. The glass that was broken was in the prosses of being fixed. If I was unbanned I would be happy to go smelt some sand and fix it.

-any reason why you should not have been banned (no page long argument)

What I did with the glass I was trying to fix. It wasn't like we completely destroyed the maze. What we broke we were attempting to fix.

-details including your ban (I.e if it was temporary or permanent)

Refer to the huge paragraph above. lol

-Chat log (Check server logs if you believe its altered)

[13:56:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> Helper: ~BunnyCat] uhmm.. can you bring 2 glass to the carnavval? :3 ... small acedent
[13:56:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Cielo.SBEAST43: how much?
[13:56:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Royal.Helper: ~BunnyCat: Free :)
[13:56:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] jminecraftboy is now AFK
[13:56:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Oreo.~Lemmy: :o
[13:56:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Cielo.SBEAST43: thx!
[13:57:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#famcraft] * Quits: jminecraftboy (Ping timeout: 190 seconds)
[13:57:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Helper: ~BunnyCat -> me] I cannot place blocks there, you will need a admin
[13:57:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#famcraft] <bknysnake> In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower– everything was pink!
[13:57:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Royal.~AwesomeUnderscore: Psst bk..
[13:57:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#famcraft] <bknysnake> what color were the stairs?
[13:57:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] jminecraftboy is no longer AFK
[13:57:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> Helper: ~BunnyCat] its not protected
[13:57:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Oreo.~Lemmy: pink
[13:57:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Royal.Helper: ~BunnyCat: Blue!
[13:57:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#famcraft] <bknysnake> lol wrong both
[13:57:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Oreo.~Lemmy: k.
[13:57:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Helper: ~BunnyCat -> me] ?
[13:57:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Royal.~AwesomeUnderscore: AWSOME1116 colour.
[13:57:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#famcraft] <bknysnake> there were no stairs, it's a one story house
[13:57:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Oreo.~Lemmy: Green?

End Of Log

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: Banned For Being Honest?
« Reply #1 on June 03, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to plea. Your plea is well thought out, and we believe it is sincere.

We take all of our rules here very seriously here at Famcraft, and breaking ANY blocks that are not yours, even if you intend to replace them, even if you are joking and playing around, will not be allowed. People spend thousands of hours on projects getting them perfect, and to have people just come there and break stuff, it simply won't be tolerated.

I have lifted your ban, and you are allowed to return to the server. I hope that you respect the rules a little bit better this time around, and please be respectful of everyone's builds.