Famcraft

Author Topic: New Minecraft EULA and Famcraft  (Read 6606 times)

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
Re: New Minecraft EULA and Famcraft
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2014, 11:29:57 AM (Edited June 17, 2014, 11:39:30 AM) »
Yes, I think that it is very odd that Mojang would do this too. It will certainly give people a bad taste for them.

In regards to how it would affect Famcraft, based on what they've said it would make it so you could not get (non-cosmetic) perks for donating. Basically all the donor perks could not happen.
In fact its saying you cant give stuff that is not accessible by other players.
So i guess if you can also get the donation perks ingame by spending ingame money its fine..
That brings me to the the idea: you can get a 5$ donor pick for 10mil famcons? And fly for 500mil famcons? Now its not impossible anymore... Just need to do your job.... A lot.... But its compatible with the eula that way if i understand correct?

Edit.
Reading the eula change, seeing donations as huge discounts on famcoin prices would actually work if i have understood the q&a correct. you just get a 9,999,999 famcoin discount on someting that is normaly 10,000,000 famcoins :P

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #16 on June 17, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »
The new EULA is less restrictive than the original one that has been in place for quite some time already, Mojang is just getting ready to enforce their EULA more than they have in the past.

As far as donations and rewards for donations goes, there will have to be some changes, yes... But Famcraft is in a much better position than many public servers, and players here probably won't notice much of a difference in the way things are done after the changes come into effect.

If I had to speculate, Mojang's laywers were probably hounding them to enforce their EULA so they re-read their original EULA and knew it wouldn't work out well, so they've come up with a new EULA that allows ways for servers to pay the bills. The old EULA basically said getting any money from a Minecraft server was a violation, so this new EULA is definitely a step in the right direction, if anything.

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on June 17, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »
"...you can get a 5$ donor pick for 10mil famcons?"

You can also already get $5 donor picks for 50k famcoins at /warp mall  :P
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on June 17, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »
Quote from: mathfreak2 link=topic= 6443.msg34676#msg34676 date=1403023714
"...you can get a 5$ donor pick for 10mil famcons?"

You can also already get $5 donor picks for 50k famcoins at /warp mall  :P

It was just an example to support the explenation  :P :P

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on June 17, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »
I'm wondering, do the people with perks have to give the  up? Like example (flying, nick name, ect.

Offline PPawn1

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PPawn1
« Reply #20 on June 17, 2014, 01:01:10 PM »
Nick names are okay I thought, they are just alternate appearances.
<RubensCherub> you passed
<Famcraft19> (Admin: Thoatt ❥) u no it

Offline mattwade

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on June 17, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
I'm wondering, do the people with perks have to give the  up? Like example (flying, nick name, ect.

According to the Q&A, yes...unless everyone has access to fly.

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2014, 01:43:30 PM »
I've been worrying about this for quite some time, many of my favorite servers, including Famcraft, would be effected if this comes into play. People are doing #SaveMinecraft on social networks and spamming Notch about it, so we have that. I've been reading up on this quite a bit and have figured out that it's been mostly caused because of parents hounding Mojang after their children buy ridiculously priced perks on bad servers. The reason they don't hound the servers that are actually in the wrong is because the parents would search for "Contact Minecraft" instead of "Contact (Server Name Here)". The only thing that shows up on their bill is "Minecraft" and so they take it out on Mojang. The way Mojang has responded to this shocks me, I'm very surprised they would punish the whole of the Minecraft multiplayer experience just because of some bad mail from some angry parents. I hope the angry mob of what was once happy players can somewhat change the new EULA.

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on June 17, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
The simple fact is, it's their game. It's their EULA. They can do with it what they please. What they can legally enforce, is a different matter. There's a lot of places that are going anti-Mojang right now, but we do not need it here on Famcraft :)

Just keep playing the game, having fun, and spending time with each other. That's what we're here for. That's what we'll be.

Be cool, my babies :D We be aight.

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on June 17, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »
Kk! That made me feal better Thoatt.  ;D

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on June 17, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »
These rules are getting a bit better but there are still a lot of angry people out there. I'm so happy I'm on a server where staff and players are able to fix these things and I just can not say enough thank yous to u guys for how much u have all done. Server over all