Famcraft

Author Topic: EULA  (Read 7041 times)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
EULA
« Opened on June 19, 2014, 10:37:35 AM (Edited July 25, 2014, 01:40:49 PM) »

Here at Famcraft, we are well aware of all the EULA discussion going on around the social networks. We are also aware of the clarifications Mojang has added to their own website.

Please do not be alarmed by all the "news" you may be seeing.Keep in mind, a lot of discussion you see that is not posted directly on the Mojang website, is just panic/speculation.
 Also, please do not join in on the Mojang/Minecraft negativity. They did provide us all with this game we enjoy so much.  8)

The admin team wants you to know you have nothing to worry about. We will take care of Famcraft, as we always have, and everything will be fine. No worries.  8)

While we do not mind questions and discussions on this topic. We do ask that this topic be kept in this thread only, so the forum does not become cluttered with random info. Any other other threads made about this topic will be relocated or removed.

We would also like to ask that this topic remain upbeat, polite, and respectful to all players and staff, as well as Mojang.  <3 

Learn more about Famcraft's EULA compliance here: http://u.famcraft.com/55

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: EULA
« Reply #1 on June 19, 2014, 11:44:19 AM (Edited June 19, 2014, 12:38:48 PM) »
This conversation occurred in another thread. It has been copied here for the sake of keeping all of this discussion in one place.

mattwade:
It appears that the new EULA will affect Famcraft and the donation system quite severely. Thoughts?

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

PPawn1:
Wow, didn't see that coming. But is it really going to affect us, we are not really selling the donation perks. They are "rewards".

aninjah0b0:
;-;

Domsters931:
Wow. That's all I can say. I have a lot of questions about this.

HaydenTheBuilder:
[/b]you should check this out first:
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

PPawn1:
I don't think they know what they have done to the 95% of servers in violation of the EULA.

Domsters931:
I'm still kinda un sure of why they did this. For famcraft things were going so well

PPawn1:
Yep ;-;

LemmyM:
I might aswell use all of my savings now... It's now or never to get those good picks, right? :( (I might actually donate.)

Domsters931:
uhh. Lemmys response is like..

1869_Flame:
reading through these topics is erm.. weird.
Technically speaking, there is no money been made as on famcraft its all donations. players are never ever charged for anything.

Though reading through the Q&A stuff like the donor shop would not be allowed? Even though its all about freely given donations to the owner to keep the server online.

I guess Micah/BK/other admins  are looking into this as we speak. Lets wait for a response from them and see if and how it might effect famcraft (might not affect famcraft at all, i really dont know)

Lord_Puggy:
but we donate threw the forum, not in-game so i dont think this will affect us and To be honest how will they know that we are not giving donor items away it is not like mojang is gonna join every server and look on every minecraft server website to see if there is donations. i think we are safe

~Puggy

Thoatt:
An official Famcraft statement will be made as soon as we can get all together and talk about the matter. We've talked a lot about this between some of us, but we all need to get together and iron out a few things.

We'll still be here no matter what. We love you guys, and thank you so much for everyone's continued support. :D

1869_Flame:
To be honest, as long as i play online games, i dont know better than some servers of games asking donations for covering expenses and giving rewards for it. Personally i find it very odd mojang can even cover such a thing in its eula at all, and doubt how lawfull it can be. After all, you dont have to play on servers if they would host them.
Saying that last, i think this eula has to do with the recent release of the minecraft realms, where they are offering server hosting them self... For a monthly fee of course...

mattwade:
Yes, I think that it is very odd that Mojang would do this too. It will certainly give people a bad taste for them.

In regards to how it would affect Famcraft, based on what they've said it would make it so you could not get (non-cosmetic) perks for donating. Basically all the donor perks could not happen.

1869_Flame:
In fact its saying you cant give stuff that is not accessible by other players.
So i guess if you can also get the donation perks ingame by spending ingame money its fine..
That brings me to the the idea: you can get a 5$ donor pick for 10mil famcons? And fly for 500mil famcons? Now its not impossible anymore... Just need to do your job.... A lot.... But its compatible with the eula that way if i understand correct?

Edit.
Reading the eula change, seeing donations as huge discounts on famcoin prices would actually work if i have understood the q&a correct. you just get a 9,999,999 famcoin discount on someting that is normaly 10,000,000 famcoins :P

Kealper:
The new EULA is less restrictive than the original one that has been in place for quite some time already, Mojang is just getting ready to enforce their EULA more than they have in the past.

As far as donations and rewards for donations goes, there will have to be some changes, yes... But Famcraft is in a much better position than many public servers, and players here probably won't notice much of a difference in the way things are done after the changes come into effect.

If I had to speculate, Mojang's laywers were probably hounding them to enforce their EULA so they re-read their original EULA and knew it wouldn't work out well, so they've come up with a new EULA that allows ways for servers to pay the bills. The old EULA basically said getting any money from a Minecraft server was a violation, so this new EULA is definitely a step in the right direction, if anything.

mathfreak2
"...you can get a 5$ donor pick for 10mil famcons?"

You can also already get $5 donor picks for 50k famcoins at /warp mall  :P

1869_Flame

It was just an example to support the explenation  :P :P

Domsters931:

I'm wondering, do the people with perks have to give the  up? Like example (flying, nick name, ect

PPawn1:
Nick names are okay I thought, they are just alternate appearances.

mattwade:
According to the Q&A, yes...unless everyone has access to fly.

MrChris13:
I've been worrying about this for quite some time, many of my favorite servers, including Famcraft, would be effected if this comes into play. People are doing #SaveMinecraft on social networks and spamming Notch about it, so we have that. I've been reading up on this quite a bit and have figured out that it's been mostly caused because of parents hounding Mojang after their children buy ridiculously priced perks on bad servers. The reason they don't hound the servers that are actually in the wrong is because the parents would search for "Contact Minecraft" instead of "Contact (Server Name Here)". The only thing that shows up on their bill is "Minecraft" and so they take it out on Mojang. The way Mojang has responded to this shocks me, I'm very surprised they would punish the whole of the Minecraft multiplayer experience just because of some bad mail from some angry parents. I hope the angry mob of what was once happy players can somewhat change the new EULA.

Thoatt:
I've been worrying about this for quite some time, many of my favorite servers, including Famcraft, would be effected if this comes into play. People are doing #SaveMinecraft on social networks and spamming Notch about it, so we have that. I've been reading up on this quite a bit and have figured out that it's been mostly caused because of parents hounding Mojang after their children buy ridiculously priced perks on bad servers. The reason they don't hound the servers that are actually in the wrong is because the parents would search for "Contact Minecraft" instead of "Contact (Server Name Here)". The only thing that shows up on their bill is "Minecraft" and so they take it out on Mojang. The way Mojang has responded to this shocks me, I'm very surprised they would punish the whole of the Minecraft multiplayer experience just because of some bad mail from some angry parents. I hope the angry mob of what was once happy players can somewhat change the new EULA.

Domsters931:
Kk! That made me feal better Thoatt.

Domsters931:
These rules are getting a bit better but there are still a lot of angry people out there. I'm so happy I'm on a server where staff and players are able to fix these things and I just can not say enough thank yous to u guys for how much u have all done. Server over all

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on June 19, 2014, 11:50:50 AM (Edited June 19, 2014, 12:39:57 PM) »
Please feel free to discuss the EULA or ask any questions you may have in this topic.

Offline Sasikins

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on June 19, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
Hopefully we will have an answer soon. There are alot of perks and rewards that could potentially be lost. I know that I will stay with this server no matter what. It isn't about what powered goodies you can get. Its about being the crafting family we all are.  :)

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on June 19, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
Hopefully we will have an answer soon. There are alot of perks and rewards that could potentially be lost. I know that I will stay with this server no matter what. It isn't about what powered goodies you can get. Its about being the crafting family we all are.  :)
I completely agree with you on this, no matter the donor picks or perks, famcraft will always be my #1 server, and always remember that...
I <333 you all :D

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on June 19, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
Wow sasi! I couldn't put this into words but u just totally did. I'm so happy I play on famcraft

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #6 on June 19, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »

Yes, but without the donor perks, no one would want to donate. And without donations, Famcraft wouldn't be able to stay up. :(

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on June 19, 2014, 03:36:37 PM »
That's not necessarily true Chris, I've given away or put up for prizes a pretty sizeable chunk of the donations I've made to the server and I doubt I will change that very much with the change to the EULA, just what I can offer might change slightly.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on June 19, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
What I have heard is u can only have donor perks that change what you're name or skin looks like. U can't have anything that we'll change game play. But it's kind of been jumping around on everyone's idea of what's going on. Be careful what u read becuase there are a lot of things out there about this that aren't true.

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on June 20, 2014, 12:52:59 AM »
Okay, these are my only questions: Will we still have donator items/perks? (Such as pickaxes, /fly command, etc.,) And I heard it said something about all ranks should be the same?

to quote Kealper:
As far as donations and rewards for donations goes, there will have to be some changes, yes... But Famcraft is in a much better position than many public servers, and players here probably won't notice much of a difference in the way things are done after the changes come into effect.

Guys read the statements made by admins above before posting in panic :P
So most likely not much will change on famcraft at all.

Offline wilsondhp

• Dunka Dunka. That is all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on June 20, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »
First of all, what the heck is eula?
"One way to forget about pain is to do something you will be in completely. So, computer games."
                                                          -Danil 'Dendi' Ishutin

Offline SuperNova_2

• Retired
  • *High Five*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on June 20, 2014, 03:04:58 PM »
First of all, what the heck is eula?

EULA = End User License Agreement

[15:57] <@SuperNova_2> "Gotta love those internal server errors" - Sasikins 2014
[15:57] <+Famcraft_FTB> [Sasikins was KICKED (Internal server error)]
[15:57] <+Famcraft_FTB> [Sasikins disconnected]

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #12 on June 21, 2014, 08:30:19 AM (Edited June 21, 2014, 08:32:07 AM) »
And without donations, Famcraft wouldn't be able to stay up. :(

This isn't the case at all, Famcraft will still be here even if no one donated a single penny again. We've got some ideas in the works that are EULA-compliant, and in the spirit of the new EULA, will benefit every player on Famcraft and make it even more fun to be on!  :o

However, I'm not saying much more than that; There'll be an official announcement about it that goes into more detail some time next month.

Also: As per the new EULA, there is a way for us to allow donators to keep their previous rewards and permissions, we do plan on utilizing that. So if you've donated in the past, your rewards will stay after the changes take effect on the first of August.

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »
Thanx kealper. All of this is making a lot more sence now

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile