Famcraft

Author Topic: Job Reccomendation  (Read 2500 times)

Offline ZRoad1202

• Retired
    • View Profile
Job Reccomendation
« Opened on July 24, 2014, 03:27:40 PM »
                        So I (ZRoad1202) and HB_swerver have recently been thinking that since we kill so may mobs we are making a recommendation to the staff that there should be a job called MobKiller or Butcher because it will be an easy way for the players on this server to make money and will come to use for people such as newcomers and many others. I hope you can really look into this recommendation and i understand some of the reasons you may not be able to add this job but it will be cool it you do.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              -ZRoad1202,HB-swerver
Pun of the Day:Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink. :)

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
Re: Job Reccomendation
« Reply #1 on July 24, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
I like that idea.

Offline Bush2003

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on July 24, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
I like the idea, but think it needs a more family friendly name.  Something about protecting the community or keeping others safe, rather than killing.  If that were changed, it would be a great way to make money and XP :)

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on July 24, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »
That actually was a job at one point, but it got removed because it was too easy to make money.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on July 25, 2014, 12:55:28 AM »
Yea but then you could make a natural mob spawner and gets all the moneys and itd be op :P

But then if they did add it the amount of money you could get from this would be so small it wouldnt be worth doing

Actually the netherworker gets payed for killing pigmen and ghasts. So i have a big natural farm for pigmen, though its never faster then smelting netherrack :P so in the end, i never actually use it now  ::)

So i think the same applies for natural mob farms. If the pay is about the same as crafting a minecart, i doubt the spawnrates and killing-rate  to get payed will ever be faster then crafting minecarts at an iron farm.
Do remember that killing mobs from spawners doesnt work for pay, and the server is on normal where spawnrates are also lower.

Offline GatheringExp

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on July 25, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »
  Most jobs can be balanced with adjusted prices.  I think the most balanced way for this job to be organized, would be good early prices and decent scaling.  Something like: $5 per basic mob (creepers, skeletons, zombies, etc), increasing by 0.75 or 1 per level.  To rival late-game jobs like woodcutter or miner, a "Hunter" would need to be around level 80 or 90.
  Since only natural spawners would work with the job, I'd estimate it would be about just as easy and fast to kill mobs, as crafting axes or minecarts.  The only difference being that the miner and woodcutter jobs require the player to craft things, sometimes throwing the huge amounts of minecarts or axes in lava, whereas the "Hunter" job would give the player more basic items, without the need to craft/destroy any.
<FamCraftIRC3>: experiencedgamer was slain by FamcraftHobo using a Dang
<FamCraftIRC3>: (Helper: FamcraftHobo) p.p
<FamCraftIRC3>: (Helper: experiencedgamer) q.q

Offline Bush2003

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on August 15, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »
But you still gotta do something with all those Rotten Flesh....  :P

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »
                        So I (ZRoad1202) and HB_swerver have recently been thinking that since we kill so may mobs we are making a recommendation to the staff that there should be a job called MobKiller or Butcher because it will be an easy way for the players on this server to make money and will come to use for people such as newcomers and many others. I hope you can really look into this recommendation and i understand some of the reasons you may not be able to add this job but it will be cool it you do.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              -ZRoad1202,HB-swerver

I've seen it called Soldier before. And I do think it would be a good idea. And maybe making swords could give you some cash too. :)

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
If you want money from making swords you can be a weaponsmith.

Seriously, zombie pigman spawner + combining gold swords = decent money.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...