Famcraft

Author Topic: !!! - Profarms Announcement - !!! Important!  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
!!! - Profarms Announcement - !!! Important!
« Opened on August 21, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »
As some of you may know, we (Thearchitekkit and Myself) have an enormous public farm called "Proasheck Farms" or "Profarms" for short :)

We built this for players to use whenever they liked, and we've been so incredibly happy to see everyone using it for materials for their builds!!

However, we have a problem...

It seems that there are too many players, (both new and old!) that are having a problem replanting, or placing down chests, crafting benches, or random blocks (to get over fences or into fenced off areas) without cleaning them up when they are done :C

Because of this, the farm is starting to fall apart :'(

Every day (that i am able to log on) I check Profarms for things that have not been replanted, for blocks and chests that have been placed down and never removed, for animals killed, and for any other griefs that may have happened. Unfortunately, I see a lot of it, and can spend up to TWO HOURS cleaning up the mess everyone leaves behind :(

As much as we love the fact that you guys are all using the farm, it's beginning to be a very VERY large (and sad) task to clean up after everyone's messes...
I would like to ask you guys, to try and be a little more careful when harvesting things, and take the time to replant them, and follow the rules and signs that have been placed all over the farms. (They're usually marked with big yellow and black signs!)

If you do not help take care of the farm, then we will have to shut it down, and then no one will be able to use it at all :C We really REALLY do not want to do that! D: >

So please, remember to:
  • CHOP DOWN THE ENTIRE TREE OR MUSHROOM! -- Do not leave bits hanging in the air. This prevents new trees/mushrooms from growing. It only takes a few extra seconds to chop it down <3
  • REPLANT WHAT YOU TAKE! -- If you harvest food (wheat, carrots, potatoes) then please take the time to replant, so that the next person can use the farm. Remember, Melons and pumpkins DO NOT need to be replanted, as long as the STEM is not removed! You DO NOT need to plant a stem! <3
  • REPLACE TREES!! -- If you chop down a tree, wait a few seconds for a sapling to drop, and then replant it! If you DO NOT replant a tree, a new one cannot grow, and the tree farm will be empty :C
  • DO NOT STEAL SAPLINGS! -- If you need saplings to start your own farm, then PLEASE chop down a tree, and wait for new saplings to fall! DO NOT steal the saplings that are waiting to grow into trees!
  • DO NOT BREED OR KILL THE ANIMALS -- There are a LOT of Animals on profarms, and we do our best to try and keep it from being too laggy. Breeding the sheep to make more, increases the lag. Killing them, means we have to make new ones :C
  • DO NOT PLACE OR BREAK BLOCKS! -- Certain areas are OFF-LIMITS and are NOT meant to be explored. If you happen to fall into one of these areas by accident, you may use an enderpearl or type "/warp sg" to get out. DO NOT break the fences/blocks around you, and do NOT place new blocks to get out! This makes the farm ugly, and means that I have to clean up the mess that you left behind :C
  • DO NOT PLACE CHESTS & REMOVE YOUR CRAFTING TABLES! -- There are quite a few crafting tables scattered around the farms. You are welcome to use these! Some of the tree farms are very large, so we do not mind if you place a crafting table down as long as you REMOVE IT. Chests are NOT ALLOWED to be placed AT ALL as we cannot remove them! This causes a TON of problems for players trying to move around the farm. If your inventory is full, and you need to keep using the farm, go home and drop off supplies, and come back. DO NOT place a chest!
Remember guys, taking care of this huge farm is a lot of hard work. We WANT you guys to be able to use it, because it helps everyone! But if you don't take care of it, then we don't want to either, and I really don't want to close it down just because people are too impatient or in a hurry to keep things nice, and follow the rules.

Thanks guys <33

~Miss_Ghouls

Offline kronos0413

• Retired
  • Feel The Wrath Of Kronos
    • View Profile
Re: !!! - Profarms Announcement - !!! Important!
« Reply #1 on August 22, 2014, 01:29:56 AM »
Very well explained. I am on very often would u like me to keep a eye on the farm while you are not on :) ?

Offline Rally

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Rallyru
« Reply #2 on August 22, 2014, 04:03:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that :(  I will help out too.  I've already taken down some floating trees tonight :o

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on August 22, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »
Thanks guys :) <3 I appreciate it. Just make sure you let me know if anyone didn't replant, instead of replanting it yourself. BIG empty patches means somebody needs to be talked to, and if someone fills it in, I can't see who it is. But a tree here or there, or a few carrots missing would be awesome to be replaced <3

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on August 22, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »
If you need it, I'll help out too. Just a suggestion, since Jungle trees rarely drop saplings, I would suggest putting a chest down with jungle saplings in it so that people can replant. I understand what could go wrong with this if you don't think it would work.

Thanks
Dcm c:

Offline Sasikins

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on August 22, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
Whenever i go i shall have a scout round
iv been using the farms since before they became public and i would hate to loose such an amazing and wonderfully created area.xx

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on August 22, 2014, 01:13:40 PM »
Thanks guys :) <3 I appreciate it. Just make sure you let me know if anyone didn't replant, instead of replanting it yourself. BIG empty patches means somebody needs to be talked to, and if someone fills it in, I can't see who it is. But a tree here or there, or a few carrots missing would be awesome to be replaced <3

I'll help keep it clean, don't u worry Ghouls <3

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on August 22, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »
If you need it, I'll help out too. Just a suggestion, since Jungle trees rarely drop saplings, I would suggest putting a chest down with jungle saplings in it so that people can replant. I understand what could go wrong with this if you don't think it would work.

Thanks
Dcm c:

That's actually a VERY good idea :D I'll see if I can set up a shop where players can buy & sell the saplings, that way no plots get left empty <3 thanks for the suggestion dcm :D

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on August 22, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »

Thanks
Dcm c:

That's actually a VERY good idea :D I'll see if I can set up a shop where players can buy & sell the saplings, that way no plots get left empty <3 thanks for the suggestion dcm :D
I'm glad, cause it's always annoying having to wait so long for the saplings to drop :D

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on August 22, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »
Also sometimes it's hard because the tree dosnt drop all 4 saplings ( dark oak) so then u have have to break other trees to get enough saplings. I love youre idea dcm

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on August 22, 2014, 07:11:13 PM »
Also sometimes it's hard because the tree dosnt drop all 4 saplings ( dark oak) so then u have have to break other trees to get enough saplings. I love youre idea dcm
I agree, this is a good idea also :D