Famcraft

Author Topic: Help! Can't connect  (Read 7182 times)

Offline nutmeg456

• View Profile
Help! Can't connect
« Opened on September 02, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »
Hello! I've been playing Famcraft for a while, and it has always worked for me. However, recently, I have had a problem connecting to the server. When I click "Join Server" it starts to load and then stops and says, "Failed to connect to the server: Disconnected ". My internet connection is strong and I've tried to restart my computer, redownload Minecraft, and re-add the server, and nothing works. Is it a problem with my connection to the server or something else?

Thanks for the help!

Offline LightBulbasaur

• Retired
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Lightbulbasaur
Re: Help! Can't connect
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »
This might help, have you made sure that your client is in 1.7.10 and not 1.8? Cause you can't log on famcraft in 1.8
<FamCraftIRC> Supermickey24 was slain by Ender Dragon
<FamCraftIRC> (JrMod: ~BugsBunny) Dragon 1 Mickey 0
<FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Mickey) shh
<FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Mickey) I got dis
<FamCraftIRC> Supermickey24 was slain by Ender Dragon

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2014, 08:06:17 AM »
This might help, have you made sure that your client is in 1.7.10 and not 1.8? Cause you can't log on famcraft in 1.8
Yeah, I think this might be the problem. I don't believe the Mojang servers were down at all yesterday, so this might be the problem.

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on September 03, 2014, 09:24:26 AM »
Hello! I've been playing Famcraft for a while, and it has always worked for me. However, recently, I have had a problem connecting to the server. When I click "Join Server" it starts to load and then stops and says, "Failed to connect to the server: Disconnected ". My internet connection is strong and I've tried to restart my computer, redownload Minecraft, and re-add the server, and nothing works. Is it a problem with my connection to the server or something else?

Thanks for the help!

I am almost certain that it is that you need to use 1.7.10 instead of 1.8. I tried to connect to Famcraft while I was at 1.8 just for kicks, and I got exactly the same error message. You can downgrade your minecraft by clicking "Edit Profile" on the bottom left-hand corner of your launcher. It will pop up with a list of options. About halfway down this list of options, you'll see "Version: Use Latest Version" and then a drop arrow so that you can change this. Click the drop arrow and select "Use Version 1.7.10". Then hit "Save Profile" on the bottom of the list of options. This should fix your problem.
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD

Offline nutmeg456

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on September 03, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »
Yep that was the problem! Thank you so much for the help!  ;D

Offline joaquinjack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on September 04, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
I've made sure the client is in 1.7.10, but still can't connect, and am getting the "can't resolve host name" message.  Any suggestions? 

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on September 04, 2014, 06:44:54 PM »
Are you sure the ip is survival.famcraft.com (Case sensitive)? That error message is usually (And only I believe) if you have the wrong ip address for the server.

EDIT: Disregard this message. Micah made a post about this.