Famcraft

Author Topic: Unable to use Star Gate to travel to the wilderness  (Read 1383 times)

Offline BleeA

• View Profile
Unable to use Star Gate to travel to the wilderness
« Opened on September 03, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »
My grandson started playing on the Famcraft server today. I helped him with the familiarization tour and then attempted to use the star gate to get to one of the wilderness locations. Every time we tried, the start gate either brought him to the tour location or back to the star gate location. Any help on how to get him to a place where he can build and mine would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline SuperNova_2

• Retired
  • *High Five*
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to use Star Gate to travel to the wilderness
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2014, 11:38:12 PM (Edited September 03, 2014, 11:43:00 PM) »
Hello BleeA,

The stargates can be a bit confusing at first, but once you try it a couple of times, it's pretty easy! :D It appears that you are only clicking the sign once, therefore it is selecting the top destination which would be the "Tour" area, and the "Spawn" area when you're in the Tour area. To select a destination in which you may freely build and mine (without disturbing other players' areas), you have to click the sign multiple times to cycle through the destinations. There will be places named "Random 1" and "Random 2" and so on. These are the places that you wish to go to. Once you have one of those Randoms selected, you may press the button and proceed into the portal. Hope this helped. Good luck!

[15:57] <@SuperNova_2> "Gotta love those internal server errors" - Sasikins 2014
[15:57] <+Famcraft_FTB> [Sasikins was KICKED (Internal server error)]
[15:57] <+Famcraft_FTB> [Sasikins disconnected]