Famcraft

Author Topic: I'm not banned but, it might happen soon because of a little problem  (Read 2082 times)

Offline EnigmaDAEDAL

• Beginner
    • View Profile
I ran out of speech warnings today;
the day before I did 'omg silverfish' I can sort of understand why it's a bad word.
But today "umm whats the command for that ^u^" got me a speech warning and I don't know why

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: I'm not banned but, it might happen soon because of a little problem
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2014, 07:29:18 PM (Edited November 08, 2014, 07:31:31 PM) »
 Thank you for taking the time to umm.. preemptively-plea. I like your style!

Our filter catches not only swear words but it also catches spam, and even some emotes we have seen used in a negative way.

The phrase "omg" is not usually in the filter, as it can easily mean "Oh my gosh!". It was temporarily in the filter due to a few players who were saying it in a negative way, even yelling it (omg!!!) constantly. The staff wanted to see them calm down, and so the word was added to the filter. It has since been removed from the filter.

The face the filter caught was -_- <-- that. Here at Famcraft we see that as being a "mean glare". It is in the filter to help maintain a positive and upbeat atmosphere on the server. 

The good news is, while the filter does help staff, it does not do our work for us. Staff can still see exactly what you really said. We know if it was a little spam, a random word you did not realize was in the filter, or if it is a real swear word. You will only be banned if we see a real problem there- like really bad words. We like to keep the server 100% family friendly, and we could not do that if we allowed bad words.

The way our filter works is a bit different from what you may have seen on other servers. It catches bad words, spam, occasionally, overused negative words on a temporary basis and also words that contain bad words. This means if the word "rage" was in the filter, and a player said "garage" the filter would fuss at them- but staff would know there was not really a problem. While this may seem a little excessive to some players, it does help us keep chat as neat and as clean as possible.

While the filter may tell you that you only have "2 warnings left" or something of that nature, those warnings do no really count against you. Staff is watching and will determine when actual Staff issued warnings, kicks, mutes, tempbans or bans are needed. As long as you are behaving and not actually trying to swear or cause trouble, you will be just fine.  8)

Sometimes, when a player is worried about the filter, we display this message:

^filter: Occasionally the swear filter will catch a non-swear word, or spam (repeating characters). If this happens you will receive an automatic warning from the server. After 3 warnings, you will be auto-kicked from the server- but you will be able to log back in. You will NEVER be banned based on these automatic kicks. Staff can see what word was actually said to trigger the filter.

Again, thank you for taking the time to plea. It means a lot that you want to make sure you are following the rules, and that you want to understand how things work here. Famcraft <3's players like you!

See you on the server!

Offline EnigmaDAEDAL

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Okay, thanks. I wanted to make sure because I do like this server a lot and I don't want to be banned from it. :)