Famcraft

Author Topic: Unsure why my 11 year old was banned  (Read 1720 times)

Offline spy_vs_pie

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Unsure why my 11 year old was banned
« Opened on November 15, 2014, 04:17:39 PM »
Hi all

My 11 year old son was banned tonight, about an hour or so after I registered him for Famcraft, and the message that shows up is "go be mean somewhere else." I asked him what happened and he told me someone had said he could live in their house and then asked for something in return, and that when he said he didn't have whatever it was, he was handed a taco "for the journey" and told to leave. I confess I'm not a Minecraft expert, and although I've read the rules, I suspect there's more to the story than I've heard. Basically, I was just wondering if someone could tell me exactly what happened and what he did to get himself banned, so that I can make sure that he understands fully what the problem was and conducts himself better in the future (either here or elsewhere, depending on whether the ban is temporary or permanent).

Thanks in advance.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Unsure why my 11 year old was banned
« Reply #1 on November 15, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to post a plea on your son's behalf. I am afraid we will not be welcoming him back here, but I will be happy to go over the issue we had with him so you will be able to speak with him. We do hope he will find a server he likes, and when he does, we hope he will have learned from his mistakes here, and be able to enjoy that server.

spy_vs_pie was difficult and argumentative about the rules, including arguing the "English only" rule in Italian.
 He was rude and disrespectful to staff. He did not leave an area when asked to by another player. He did not leave the area when asked to by staff, and he made a mean comment to a staff member in an effort to be hurtful.

[20:26] <FamCraftIRC> (spy_vs_pie) fine now i know why you have no friends

Here at Famcraft we promote a positive and friendly environment. We have many very good players who have no trouble following the rules and being polite. We never tolerate this type of behavior on the server. I am sorry it did not work out.

Thank you again for taking the time to plea.