Famcraft

Author Topic: Muted-by default i think  (Read 4868 times)

Offline PegLegPegasus

• Donator
  • Apofiss cats will rule de world!
    • View Profile
Muted-by default i think
« Opened on December 12, 2014, 06:57:26 PM »
When i join the game or IRC, i am muted, i believe by default. Could one of the staff help me with this problem? (i thought i would put this under Bugs and Glitches instead of Plea to be unbanned because i thought that this was a glitch) again, if anyone can help me, i would be eternally gratefull
"Well why didn't you do it when you had the chance?"

This is me.

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Muted-by default i think
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »
It's not a glitch, and you're not in trouble :D

We had an issue with a bunch of meanies spamming not-very-nice stuff on IRC, so by default, each person is muted until an admin (or other OP person) can authenticate you <3 (OP'd people have a + by their name :D)

If you're in-game, try asking in chat if the staff can authenticate you, or you can try sending a private message to one of the OP's (just just don't spam them or be rude of course :P), and then be patient and wait for them to add you <3

Offline PegLegPegasus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
thx a ton ghouls

This is me.

Offline PegLegPegasus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »
just wondering, if staff has time, could they unmute me plz?

This is me.

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on December 12, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »
Once they unmute you once, is it only good for that one time and you need to be unmuted every time you join after that?

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2014, 01:18:01 AM »
 That is correct, but this is for a very important reason. Recently, some very bored people logged in during a time when no irc opped staff members were available and spammed terrible things from irc. This chat was visible in game. This is not something we are willing to risk happening again. For now, when staff is available, we will give voice to visitors as they join the #Famcraft IRC channel as an additional security measure. We understand this is a little less convenient for everyone, staff included- but it is much much safer for our family friendly environment.   

Offline ~Lucario~

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »
im having a problem too, whenever i say something it says it doesnt connect, is this the same thing?

~Brad: More tickets
~Brad: less chance for me
~Rowan: ^
~_Luc~: :D
[RAFFLE] Congratulations go to Bradboy523 for winning 102000
with 12 tickets
[RAFFLE] There was a total of 15 players buying 170 tickets
~Brad: :O
~_Luc~: WHAT

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »
 Yes, as I explained above, this change has been made for important reasons. Absolutely no one who is not an IRC oped staff member will connect and automatically have the ability to talk in public chat over irc. Every single player who joins will need to be set to speak by a staff member. If  no staff member is online, you'll need to check back later. Thanks for understanding.

Offline ~Lucario~

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on December 16, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
twice i got on when a staff member was on and they didn't let me speak so I had to leave >:(

~Brad: More tickets
~Brad: less chance for me
~Rowan: ^
~_Luc~: :D
[RAFFLE] Congratulations go to Bradboy523 for winning 102000
with 12 tickets
[RAFFLE] There was a total of 15 players buying 170 tickets
~Brad: :O
~_Luc~: WHAT

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on December 17, 2014, 01:57:12 AM »
Shade, just because there are staff members online does NOT mean that they are at the keyboard. If there happens to be staff online and you know they are at the keyboard in game, you can feel free to ask them to voice you, but please do be conscientious of other people's IRL lives.
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on December 17, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
 Also, please think of it this way, as well. The staff is here to take care of the server, help players on the server, give tours, inspect griefs and all kinds of things ON the server. IRC is a very nice added benefit, but it is an "extra". It is not the top priority. If we are actively dealing with a player situation in game, we may not even see you join irc. Even if we do, if we are dealing with something important, we likely will not stop to grant someone on IRC voice. They will need to wait their turn.

Additionally, as Rowan said, you seeing a staff member's name on irc, or even seeing then active in chat on the server DOES NOT guarantee their immediate availability to stop and do whatever you want them to do.

And again, as I have said so many times in the past, and as Rowan has pointed out again, we are real people. All the staff members are students or parents or have jobs irl or other very important things going on. We all have tons of responsibilities in real life we must tend to constantly. Everything we do on the server is because we really love it here. We value the community and the players. While I am sure many of us would love to be able to be here constantly, and never miss a single player need, it simply is not realistically possible. We do the very best we can.

twice i got on when a staff member was on and they didn't let me speak so I had to leave

Offline Bush2003

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on December 17, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »
For those following this thread, RubensCherub has now posted a great tutorial on how to register your nickname and get approval for talking in IRC.  Going through this process yourself will allow you to talk on IRC as soon as you login and verify your name with the server.  The admins cannot help you set this up, you have to do it yourself.

Just in case you did not see the other thread where it is posted, here is the link for you to check it out:

https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,8126.msg45249.html#msg45249

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on December 21, 2014, 11:59:18 PM »
(OP'd people have a + by their name :D)

BTW i think op'd people have a @ before their name

It depends what client you are using.