Famcraft

Author Topic: GlitzGirl15 Plea to Remove Ban  (Read 1914 times)

Offline jtshea

• Beginner
    • View Profile
GlitzGirl15 Plea to Remove Ban
« Opened on March 26, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »
After discussion with my daughter, it is my understanding that a game of "keep away" had spontaneously developed amongst many of the players in a PVP arena. It sounds as though this was being enjoyed by most of the players, and items were ultimately being returned. The problem, it appears, is that my daughter was required to immediately logoff for bedtime. When this happened, she still had possession of one the other player's items. We can understand how this appears to be instance of griefing (stealing another players items) but this was not intentional. My daughter will avoid this situation again. You say you review the logs thoroughly before a ban, and I'm surprised no one saw that her normal behavior is to be generous, courteous, friendly and helpful towards the other players. You've banned a good community member here. We appreciate your consideration for the removal of the ban. Thank you.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: GlitzGirl15 Plea to Remove Ban
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2015, 10:00:39 PM »

You say you review the logs thoroughly before a ban

I assure you that you've not seen any staff member say this about this type of situation. We do not review logs prior to banning when we actually witness what has happened and speak with the victims personally.    Players were asking for their items back. We know what we are doing here.Thanks for understanding.

If she would like to return the items to a staff member upon logging in, she is welcome to return, but she needs to understand there is no game of "keep away" here. In pvp, all terms must be agreed upon, you simply agree to return the items, or to not return the items. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules, regardless of the reasoning behind it or a player's history here.

She has set of enchanted diamond armor as well as a named diamond sword, and possibly some steak she will need to return. Reply to let us know she understands this, and we will gladly lift her ban.

In the future, she does not need to start pvping if she will not have time to properly finish the match and comply with the terms of the fight. It is quite upsetting to other players when someone takes all their items, then logs off.

Additionally, if this sort of thing occurs in the future, you might consider allowing GlitzGirl15 to write her own plea. We get a lot of parental pleas here, but when a child is old enough to communicate, it can help them learn more about the server rules as well as allowing us to understand more about the player's perspective.

Offline jtshea

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2015, 05:06:42 PM »
That's fine. She's felt bad about the situation, and has wanted to logon to straighten it out but obviously has been unable to do so.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
 This is exactly why we offer this plea process. Thank you. She can return when she is ready.