Famcraft

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Famcraft!  (Read 3624 times)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Happy Birthday Famcraft!
« Opened on April 29, 2022, 12:22:12 PM (Edited April 30, 2022, 03:31:12 AM) »
 Happy Birthday Famcraft! Thank you all for our amazing first 10 years!

We appreciate each and every one of you, staff and players alike for enriching our lives and being a part of Famcraft. We couldn't have done it without you.

The past few years have been full of chaos, challenges and changes for all of us. Our owners and much of our staff team has seen a drastic reduction in available time to be present on the server. As a result  of this we've been able to accept less new players over the past many months. Even without the inclusion of new players, we've been striving the keep the server alive and well and maintain a safe and happy place for our current existing players.
  We are sorry to those of you who've not been able to get into the server as of yet. We are careful to only allow new players into the community when we are confident there is enough active staff to help new people become properly acquainted with our rules and the Famcraft gameplay experience. While we do keep  a close eye on chat and are here if needed, we have not have a lot of time to offer tours and help players get started on Famcraft lately. Hopefully, eventually things will settle down for some of us and we will be more available to assist new players.

The past 10 years have been incredible. We've met some of the kindest, most caring people we will ever be lucky enough to know. We've formed lifelong bonds with many of our staff members and players. Several of our staff members have even had the opportunity to meet each other. A lot of us think of each other as family. We've all shared a common goal of maintaining a safe and happy place for players and their families. We hope to continue to be an island among servers for many years to come.

I am not here and active in chat nearly as often as I want to be, but Famcraft is always in my heart. and on my mind.

I'd like to get real sappy now and thank you all for what you've given us.

Thank you to our Founders. The two players who originally founded Famcraft have moved on now. They have busy lives and families they take care of. We still greatly appreciate their contributions to the server. Their original vision included a safe server for players and their families with rules strict enough to keep everyone safe and a caring staff team to  enforce those rules and offer guidance and support to players. We appreciate that they wanted to offer this kind of world to the Minecraft community. In 2018, Famcraft was moved over to it's current owners who were long time staff members prior to becoming the permanent guardians of Famcraft.

Thank you to the Owners of Famcraft. The people who own the physical hardware and maintain/upgrade the software and hardware and pay the bills associated with Famcraft. Even though we say they "own Famcraft" I know it's really the other way around. Famcraft owns their hearts and as much of their time as they can possibly devote to it. I don't think they'd have it any other way.
 I've personally witnessed the abundance of time and love they've put into maintaining the server for us. Sleepless nights working on server issues. The care and research that's gone into upgrading the hardware. The painstakingly written custom code for many of the plugins we use. The heartache of not being able to spend enough time with the community we love due to circumstances beyond anyone's control. Thank you, Thoatt and Kealper. We could not and would not be here without you.

Thank you to the entire family of Famstaff - past and present. Every single one of you has contributed to getting us here to this 10 year mark. We've made it an entire decade thanks to you all. We've seen many staff members come and go over the years. Some were only with us for a few weeks, others have been here for years. Many have left informational builds, resources and beautiful displays our players still enjoy today. Everyone has had the same goal - keeping Famcraft a safe and happy place to be.
 Being staff on Famcraft is especially challenging. We have some pretty strict rules and it is always difficult have to correct players. No one likes having to ban someone who won't follow the rules. Banning isn't even the hard part. Our staff team has put in hundreds of combined hours offering tours and teaching players the basics of how to get around on the server. They've spent even more time offering gentle guidance, helping resolve conflicts between players and just enjoying the conversation and company of Famcrafter's when they just needed a friendly place to unwind. Many of our staff members check in throughout the days and nights from their phones and tablets even when they cant actively be on Famcraft. The current Famstaff team's selfless devotion is unparalleled. We'd be so lost without them. Several have been with us for many, many years now. They've kept us afloat when we could not be here ourselves. There are no words to explain what you mean to us. Thank you so much, Famstaff team. <333

And last but far from least, our beloved Players. Yall are incredible. Every single one of you. Players join and leave. They play a few hours or a few years. Some come back months or years later. Some never return. One thing is for sure, we keep every block you guys place - unless of course you were griefing.. haha. But no, seriously, regardless of if you were here in 2012 or 2021 you can always log in and find your homes and areas just as you left them the last time you logged out. We keep these things safe because we care about you. We never want you to log in and find that the map has been reset or that your homes are gone.  So we guard them carefully and keep them ready for your return.
 Famcraft has never had a map reset. Even when we were forced to add a new map due to an update we kept the old map and have it linked as a separate, fully intact and easily accessible world for you all. It's still safely located on Famcraft today at /server classic.
 Many of our players have touched our lives in ways they will never realize. You wouldn't believe how often we quote players from years ago, or recall a fond memory of a build they shared. We are always excited to see players from long ago return to say hello. So many of you left as kids and now return to tell us you've graduated, or gotten married or even have children of your own. What an amazing world we share. Even many of our banned players are remembered fondly for what they said or contributed while they were still active players.
 Over the years, Famcrafters have made us laugh and cry, and at times growl with frustration. They've made us sigh. They caused us to lose sleep or gain compassion. They've opened our eyes to other ways of thinking and new ideas. They've given us reasons to alter rules, and add new ones. Famcraft players have never ceased to surprise us with their sneakiness, their cleverness, their kindness or their generosity. We never know what we are going to see when we log in. The good and the bad, we love it all. We love learning from yall.
 When we first started this adventure, we felt like we had so much to teach. As it turned out we had a lot to learn too- And we are still learning. Thank you, Famcrafters. Old and new, past, present and future players. We are here for you. We love you guys. Keep on Famcrafting.

We are Famcraft.

To those of you who never knew me. LUCKY!

To those of you who've known me too well, you should have been expecting this long rambling post filled with sappy run-on sentences and scattered thoughts and ideas. I'm glad I didnt let you down.

To those who don't know me yet- I look very forward to meeting you someday when I have more time on the server. 

I am RubensCherub. Famcraft's biggest Fan. You have my heart, Keep it safe.

Love you all. Many hearts! <3333333333333        - RubensCherub

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Famcraft!
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2022, 12:28:06 PM »
I'm not crying, you're crying

Offline Agawaateshin

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Agawaateshin
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2022, 05:12:49 PM »
Where's the LOVE/LIKE button?!

It's amazing to see a bit of history in a loving post from one of the big-wigs. <3 Confessions and affirmations are awesome and from the outside looking in (as a yet-to-be-Famcrafter? lol) that was one touching post. <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FAMCRAFT!
Many Happy Returns!

Cheers.
Brooke <3

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »
RubensCherub and all other staff,

Thanks for all you do and have done for the Famcraft community. It is truly a unique server filled with tons of creativity. I hope you all have a great summer. I'll try to stop in every once in a while.

Offline itsLemmy

• Retired
  • Helper and glad to help
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: itsLemmy
« Reply #4 on June 27, 2022, 12:22:45 PM »
<3
~Lemmy: I think I'm lagging... these mobs aren't hurting me..
~Lemmy: that's so odd...
~Kenny~: HAXOR
~Lemmy: OH MAN
~Lemmy: Kealper forgot to turn my god mode off XD
~Lemmy: kealper hahaha
~Kenny~: WOOOOW
~Kenny~: Haxor
~Kenny~ slash ban
~Lemmy: LOL
~Lemmy: KEALPERRRR
~Lemmy: WE GOT A PROBLEM!!!

Offline ParagliderPanda

• Retired
  • I am the Lorax! I speak for the Trees!
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PandemicPanda
« Reply #5 on July 22, 2022, 02:28:31 PM »
It's growing up so fast  :'(

Sometimes you have to look Beyond The Panda.