Famcraft

Author Topic: Request Permission to Tear Down Dirt House  (Read 3177 times)

Offline WFish59

• View Profile
Request Permission to Tear Down Dirt House
« Opened on June 03, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »
Famcraft Admin-

My grandson and I would like to expand our main house/area but there is an existing structure made of dirt right next to it. The structure has a couple of doors and some ladders but is not secured; there are no other items inside it. My guess is it was a first night structure by a player awhile back. I don't want to grief it so am checking with you before I do anything to it.

Appreciate your response!

wfish59

Offline DrewsMagicMonkey

• Retired
  • Steve's Pet Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: Request Permission to Tear Down Dirt House
« Reply #1 on June 03, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
I wouldn't just tear down the dirt house because that IS someone elses property and if you just tear it down it is considerd grief. You should contact a staff member in-game and have them take a look at the dirt house. They should be able to tell you who the build belongs. If it is a active player, try and contact that player in-game and ask them politly if they could posibly move the build so you can use the area. If the player is not active though, contact an Admin and see what they think about the situation. Remember though, the player DOES NOT have to give up their area if they were already there and may keep their area if they want.

Hope this helps,
                                                                                                                                                                                   Drew.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #2 on June 03, 2015, 09:15:35 PM »
 Thanks for posting your question. The information Drew provided is correct. We do protect all players properties indefinitely. We only relocate structures in very specific situations. We can not remove his house as it has been there since 9-3-2014, which means he was there first. If he logged in and complained, we would actually need to relocate your structure.

We are able to relocate structures for a fee of 5 Famcoins per block, however, since it looks like you were unable to see his house with the way/place it was, I will be happy to relocate your home/area at no charge so you will have space to expand, if you like.

I would just need coordinates of the location you would like the structure moved to (you can type /coords to get the coordinates) and you would need this info:

"When requesting a WorldEdit relocation of a structure containing chests, please prepare by removing ALL written books, player skulls, and enchanted books and items, including donor items from your chests. You also need to remove ALL items in TRAPPEDchest. Please collect ALL displayed item frames as well. These items WILL NOT move properly in a WE"

Thank you again for posting to ask about this.

Offline WFish59

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2015, 11:40:06 AM »
Thanks much for the reply. I figured that was the rule but thought I'd check. We have a rather large build so will just be friendly neighbors and build in another direction. Thanks much for your response :)