Famcraft

Author Topic: Computer Setup Tours! Where do YOU play Famcraft?  (Read 5159 times)

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
Computer Setup Tours! Where do YOU play Famcraft?
« Opened on August 26, 2015, 10:04:25 AM (Edited August 26, 2015, 11:37:45 AM) »
Hello Famcrafters!  ;D

A while back, there was a thread dedicated to showing off your computer setup, and I want to start another that's updated! My setup has come a long way since I started Famcraft, and I would like to show it to you!

Note: Respond with any pictures/special information about your computer! I'd love to see where YOU play Famcraft!

Onto my tour!

Here you will see the setup in all of its glory!

I'll dig into each thing one by one, showing you the function of each and how I use it! Let's start:

Here you will see my semi-custom Dell Optiplex 780. As it came, I have upgraded to this:

Graphics card:
To: EVGA Geforce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5

CPU:
To: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550   @2.83Ghz

RAM:
To: 8GB DDR3

Everything else is stock, and you can see the specs here: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/optix/en/optiplex_780_tech_guidebook_en.pdf

Here you can see my 3 monitors, one at a 16:9 aspect ratio, and the other two at 4:3. These fit my editing/gameplay purposes fantastically, as I use the side ones for music/Skype windows.

Middle monitor:
Acer S200HL @ 1600x900

Side monitors:
NEC LCD92VX x2 @ 1280x1024

I have gone through quite a few different mice and keyboards leading up to the ones I have now, which were both passed down from my older brother when he got more professional ones. They're not very fancy, but they work like a charm and have suited my needs very well. I also got a custom CaptainSparklez (signed!) mousepad that I absolutely love. It's super colorful, and a pleasure to look at!

Mouse:
Xornet CM Storm Gaming Mouse

Keyboard:
Tt eSPORTS KNUCKER Gaming Keyboard

This is one of my favorite peripherals that I own. It's a Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming headset charged with 10 hours of battery (on a full charge) and REALLY packs the bass! It comes with an advanced equalizer that is extremely customizable, and I've had a great time using it for the past 8 months.

Now, I would LIKE to have an on-brand Xbox controller, but I decided instead to get a $20 rip off, which has actually suited me quite well... The only problem in these rip offs, though, is the bumpers. They break quite easily during shipping, so I don't exactly have a functional left bumper...

Gotta have dat 90's swiveling gray computer chair! So fancy...

I have had these Sylvania speakers for around 3 years now, and they've given me nothing but good sound the whole time. Definately a good buy, and I would totally recommend these to anyone looking for big bass and crisp, clean, treble.

This microphone, the Blue Snowball iCE, has suited me well for over 2 years now. It was $50, and can record REALLY well for what it is. I have it on a NEEWER Sissor-Arm Microphone Stand which I got very recently. It plugs right into it, and can hold it with ease (the mic is around 3 pounds!)

Gotta have somewhere to put mah juicy drinks! Can't have my throat running dry during those long livestreams :P (Menchies is a great frozen yogurt place, highly recommended!)

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to seeing what your setups look like! :D

-Chris AKA MrChris13

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
  • Professional Blue Koala 🐨
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: StitchAKA626
Re: Computer Setup Tours! Where do YOU play Famcraft?
« Reply #1 on August 26, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »
"-Chris AKA MrChris13"
Hmm... where have I seen something like this before? *ahem*

Also I should point out that you have excellent taste in desktop backgrounds... especially on that left monitor. :> I had taken screenshots for my room/desk tour about 2 years ago but I never got around to posting them and as you imagine, a LOT'S changed since then... maybe now's a good time to join the party. :P

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!

Offline TrueMinecraftGuy

• Donator
  • SamsungHD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on August 26, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »
My dad got those G930's for 70 bucks XD those things are worth 180$ USD

Offline ZariTheAtari

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on August 26, 2015, 04:57:05 PM »
I play famcraft on my computer, it has a wireless mouse, a keyboard and a computer, pretty fancy if I say so myself. ;)

I don't know the exact model of my computer but it is an iMac, and it is either the Intel Plastic or the G5 I need to ask my dad about it, he's the computer genius of my family.

My computer is pretty old but it works okay. (I really want a new one, I'll get my dads old won when he gets a new one)
[SkMag] ~ZariDiamonds: idk the weather in Famcraft is going to be sunny with a high of you cant feel heat and a low of
[SkMag] ~ZariDiamonds: you cant feel cold
[SkMag Owner] JrMod: ~Iron XD
[SkMag] ~ZariDiamonds with a 50 percents chance of rain, that is unpredictable.

#Im FC's Metorologist ;D

Offline PixelProne

• Donator
  • I like games, music, cute animals, & social media.
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PixelProne
« Reply #4 on August 26, 2015, 05:36:30 PM (Edited August 28, 2015, 12:33:21 PM) »
Humm.. it seems there is another thread of this, i shall go get links for my computer, 'cause I dont know much about it :p

Edit: Here it all is!

My Keyboard:
https://www.roccat-shop.org/en/Keyboards-oxid/ROCCAT-Isku-FX-Multicolor-Gaming-Keyboard.html
Mouse:
http://utechsmart.com/index.php?s=/Product/show/id/477/US-D16400-GM
Headphones:
http://www.polkaudio.com/melee-xbox-360-gaming-headset/d/1045

My specs for Computer:

Model: Dell Inspiron ONE2330 (2012 Model All-In-One system)
Processor: Intel Core i5-3330S @ 2.70GHz
GFX: Dell Integrated HD 4000
RAM: 8.00 DDR3
Touch Support: Full Windows Touch Support (10 Touch Points)
Second monitor: LG 23" IPS LED (2014 model from BestBuy)

Also, wired internet connection. (Comcast.)

Did I miss anything?
Great work on the OP.
*puts headphones on*
(an hour later)
"oh right"
*plays music*

Offline EvieAnn

• Donator
  • Caven the Cavenite that lives in Cavenville
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on August 27, 2015, 07:11:37 AM »
I would post about where I play mc but it is literally me sitting on my bed with my acer laptop and a wireless mouse :P
Rider: you should make this a mall
Iron: NUU
Rider: why
Iron: mall is gunna be at new clan home
Rider: you could WE this
Iron: bacon and i are making this
*Rider rolls eyes*
Rider: you should hire me
Rider: >: why??
Iron: hiring=pay
Rider: maybe ill VOLUNTEER
Iron: like for free?

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #6 on August 27, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
My dad got those G930's for 70 bucks XD those things are worth 180$ USD

They're actually worth $80 now, they were $160 when they came out. I got them for $100.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VANOFY

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g930-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

Offline TrueMinecraftGuy

• Donator
  • SamsungHD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on August 27, 2015, 10:50:43 PM »
XD mkay
i really want some green Sades 708's