Famcraft

Author Topic: Banned Why?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline _sparklecakes

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Banned Why?
« Opened on October 11, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »
I get that parents try to plea for their kids being unbanned if they've done something bad, but I am sitting here with my child. Someone told her she should post about a help center (that she wanted to make because she wants to be helpful) and I read it. There was nothing malicious about it. It was then removed, and she was trying to figure out who to speak to about it. Then she was banned.

If this is a family friendly server, we talk through problems in our family. It's ridiculous to think that someone cannot ask a question for fear of reprisal, especially during the process of trying to help, and not do anything malicious.

Please unban _sparklecakes

- Thanks

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Banned Why?
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »
Hello Mom,

_Sparklecakes will not be allowed to return. Sadly, it sounds like you were not provided with all of the details.

Sparkles post was removed for containing misinformation. We do not offer warps to players. Her post stated that she had a warp to the location. This can cause confusion for players who know they've been denied the ability to have a warp to a player made structure or location in the past.
 In addition, her other point of reference was a StarGate which changes coordinates on a weekly basis. They are usually relocated on Sunday nights. Each new player is offered a server tour and in that tour it is explained that these gates are moved frequently.
 So in short, the post was removed to avoid player confusion  due to misinformation.

After she made her post she returned to the server to ask for a warp. She was told VERY cleary and under no uncertain terms by a server Admin that we do not set warps for players.
 She proceeded go staff-hopping to a different staff member asking how she can get a warp in an effort to get her way. This is not how things work on this server.

She was then told by an Admin not to go around one staff member to the next when she is not happy with the reply she gets.

At that time she was informed that the post had been removed and told she was welcome to repost it with accurate information if she wished. She demanded her post be returned. She was told no, and it was made clear it was removed by the Admin who was speaking with her at the time.

She immediately hopped staff members again, once again trying to go around the Admin to get her way by complaining to another staff member that her post had been removed.

I messaged her that very moment to tell her that she is NOT allowed to behave this way here.  She pretended to be afk by standing still even though I was able to see her message being sent. Both public AND private messages show to Admins, so I am 100% certain she was indeed not afk at the time I messaged her.  She insisted she was afk and would not attempt to be honest about the situation.

We value honesty on this server. We do not work to accommodate players who feel entitled to get their way and try to achieve that by going staff member to staff member seeking the reply they want.

The next time Sparkles finds a server she likes, I hope she will exercise honesty, understand that no one gets their way all the time, and be respectful of the staff members who assist her or provide her with information.

Additionally, she was very capable of communicating in chat and on the forum. We are always interested in hearing pleas directly from the player. It can be confusing for parents as they are often provided with incomplete information, such as in this case.

We are sorry this did not work out and we  will wish her the best of luck in finding a server that better suits her needs.

Offline _sparklecakes

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2015, 07:26:49 PM »
Do you realize that the people playing on your servers are kids and not communications experts?

Maybe your rules lack clarity and your punishments are egregious?

She came to talk to me, I was around the corner, so she was AFK.

Don't ever imply that my child is not being honest without knowing the facts.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2015, 07:32:31 PM »

For not being a communications expert, she types amazingly well when she is afk! You should be proud!

Perhaps you did not read our rules? :) They are quite simple. We have players as young as four years old who manage them just fine.
 Players are expected to read and follow the rules. If they do not, we are under no obligation to have them here.

If she had replied in an even marginally respectful way to the Admin who was assisting her, a proper conversation might have taken place. Jumping immediately to the next staff member tends to impede that type of progress, as I am sure you understand.

Again, Happy server hunting.

Offline _sparklecakes

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2015, 07:39:02 PM »
The only thing impeding progress (as shown from reading other banned users) is that you spend too much time banning people for arbitrary things, when you could work through the problems with them.

Of all the servers we use, yours is by far unnecessarily rigid and power-trippy.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »

Thank you! We do strive to enforce our rules. We love posts like this that set examples for other parents and players. It proves that we do stand by our rules, and that players or their parents can neither intimidate nor manipulate their way around that.

The players who do follow the rules seem to enjoy the server quite a bit!

You will now be banned from this forum as it seems you've had your say.  8)