Famcraft

Author Topic: Plea for frizenyeh  (Read 2287 times)

Offline frizenyeh

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Plea for frizenyeh
« Opened on January 04, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
Hi. Allow me to explain what happened exactly.
My friend - 89chi is my real life friend. He and I went to same college before. There was one chemistry class which requires liquid Nitrogen - which is the "n-word" i mentioned. The reason i said it like that is because 89chi he always got called out by professor to grab liquid Nitrogen, which was heavy. Eventually we start to call him "Nitro". Unfortunately he failed that class, so he became a bit sensitive with that nickname.

At the instance, if you realized, we didn't chat for a while, was because we were setting up voice chat. And I almost greeted him as such "sup nitro" in the chat.

Later after got banned, I realized from Google that even "n-word" seem to be sensitive in the USA. In the environment 89chi and I grew up, we actually don't see black people at all, that's why I wasn't caution enough. I feel very sorry about that.

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: Plea for frizenyeh
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
You've been in this country for over 5 years. That is PLENTY of time to know exactly what that term means, and no one ever ever uses that term for Nitrogen.

You made the same excuse that you weren't breaking the rules by avoiding the filter when saying omd instead of omg and saying that it meant "oh my dog" - Again this is avoiding the filter, and a poor attempt at an excuse.

Both times, trying to avoid getting in trouble by making up these excuses are extremely insulting to both the players, and staff. The attitude that a simple explanation of ignorance or jest to break the rules simply will not be tolerated here.

The only reason you will be allowed back is because you have friends here. If we see you break the rules again, the next ban will be permanent.

Your perm ban has been reduced to a 7 day temp ban.

Offline frizenyeh

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Plea for frizenyeh
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2016, 10:24:30 AM »
I appreciate your decision.

Below is some information/explanation about things you might have misunderstood. Please ignore if you aren't interested since they aren't important.

I did not intend to avoid filter by saying the term "omd". In fact, I didn't know the term "omg" is in the filter since I have never said it in chat. The reason for this term involves my personal religion view, which may trigger the rule since religion isn't allowed on the server, and that's why I didn't explain while you asked.

I haven't stayed in the USA for more than 5 years. Even if I have, the age would effect a person's culture. Let's say, if I came to the USA at the age of 30, there is no way I could learn or feel a lot of the USA culture even after 10 years of stay. But if I came at the age of 10, I bet i could blend into USA culture easily. An easy way to look at is that majority of my friends are Asians, and I still speak my own language half of the time. Not to mention my accent of English.

Please, I know I make a lot of mistakes, but I'm not a trouble maker. famcraft is so far the best server i found because there is least plug-in or modification to the map compare to other servers I've tried. There is no way I would try to challenge rules.