Famcraft

Author Topic: Bonkers Echo  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Ziggy_Echo

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Bonkers Echo
« Opened on April 30, 2016, 03:59:02 AM »
Hello

I understand that Bonkers Echo was banned from Famcraft, he doesn't seem to know why. Can you let me know please so I can have a word, lay down the rules again and the get him to plea.

Many thanks and my apologies for whatever he has done

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Bonkers Echo
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »
 Bonker's has been unbanned and 100,000 Famcoins have been credited to his account.

Bonker's did not actually do anything wrong. What he typed was misinterpreted and appeared to be advertising at first glance. When the "advertising" was cleared from the screen, he typed something that was seen as "spam" (random letters that didn't mean anything). He was banned for the combination of advertising and spam.

However.... I have reviewed the circumstances of this ban and I do see what actually happened. Let me show you.

[13:32] <+Famcraft18> (09Bonkers_Echo) every one come to swim com
- The filter won't allow players to type address, so often players will omit the "." to try to advertise a server or website. This was seen as "Every one come to swim.com" - which would be seen as advertising.

The screen was cleared so remove what was seen as "advertising".

Then, he typed this:

[13:34] <+Famcraft18> (09Bonkers_Echo) coptishn

Which was seen as random characters, likely intended as spam. At this point, he was banned.

[13:34] <+Famcraft18> [09Bonkers_Echo was KICKED (Banned: You have been banned, make a plea at FamCraft.com!)]

But looking over this today, I see what actually occurred was he was inviting players to join into a swimming competition. This was not clear to us yesterday in the fast moving chat.

I am sorry he was banned for this. Thank you for understanding that we do everything we can to protect the server and it's players. Sadly, sometimes mistakes like this happen. Again, I sincerely apologize for this oversight.

We will look forward to seeing Bonkers back whenever he is ready to return.