Famcraft

Author Topic: Information on ban  (Read 2461 times)

Offline brewcrewfan80

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Information on ban
« Opened on August 13, 2016, 09:36:23 PM »
Hello,

My son, _stampyfan877, was banned and is not sure why.  I've reviewed the rules at http://u.famcraft.com/7f with him and he said he did not violate any of the rules, though perhaps he did without realizing it, or is not entirely truthful about it.  Could you explain the reason for the ban so I can review it with him?  I can then determine if it I think it would be appropriate for him to draft an unban plea.

Many thanks!

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Information on ban
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2016, 09:45:03 PM »
 Thank you for inquiring about your child's ban.

Stampy joined the server. We did not see him read the rules on the server, but we offered him a tour to help him get started. Staff attempted to speak with him many times but he would never reply.

The tour teaches about jobs, homes and protecting land and gives a player a chance to ask any questions they might have so they can have the best possible start on Famcraft.

Stampy made his way to a little town we call "Famville" where he randomly broke blocks on several homes, as well as cutting down a decorative tree in the visibly outlined yard of a another player.

We know players work hard for their materials and put a lot of thought and time into their creations here on Famcraft. Because of this, we have very strict no griefing rules.
 We ask that all players remain respectful of one another at all times. This includes being respectful of our fellow Famcrafter's homes and property.

To help you both understand a little more about griefing, Here are some of the things that count as griefing-

* Removing any block another player placed without that player's permission

*Placing a protection stone in another player's area

*Harvesting another player's crops without their permission

*Killing another player's animals without their permission

*Claiming/protecting another players pet without permission (Example: taming a wolf, protecting a horse)

*Removing/changing landscape features in another players "yard" (What is directly visible from their home)

*Placing blocks in another player's area without permission

*Taking items from another player's chest without permission (Stealing/griefing)

*Keeping a players items after PvP if you did not agree to at first (Stealing)

*Not replanting at public/shared/clan farms

*Leaving any locked item such as a chest, furnace or pet in another player's space or a public location

If you would like to talk with Stampy and help him understand a bit more about griefing and why it is not allowed here on Famcraft we would be happy to give him another chance to play. Just post a reply here or allow him to post a plea and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Offline brewcrewfan80

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for the information, I thought it would be something like that.  I'll review with him and have him write a plea to be unbanned.

Thanks again for your help!

Offline brewcrewfan80

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on August 21, 2016, 08:43:53 PM »
Hi,

I had my son, _stampyfan877, write the following:

I'm sorry that I cut down a tree. I just did not know how to get wood, and I did not know it was something someone built. And, I will never do it again.  I did read the rules.  I did not know that staff  were talking to me. I'll check the chat every once in a while to see if staff is talking to me.  I will also take the tour if I can come back.

Please unban me. Because, I like famcraft and my friend plays it.  So, can I please come back?

Thank you.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2016, 03:53:56 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to post a plea, _stampyfan877.

Please always remember to be respectful of other player's homes and areas while you are on Famcraft. Players work hard for their items here.

I will unban you now. Please read the rules at /spawn and visit /warp tour  or take a tour with a staff member to learn more about how we play here on Famcraft. Welcome back!