Famcraft

Author Topic: Mob Arena, and vanishing armor  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Eastland

• View Profile
Mob Arena, and vanishing armor
« Opened on January 12, 2013, 07:57:38 AM »
I recently ran the mob arena a bunch of times, on desert, but when i played "ruins" as a "tank" I left the arena and my armor was gone when i got home.

I had a plain un-enchanted set of Diamond armor.

In closing, it was super fun! But i would like my armor back lol

Offline Eastland

• View Profile
Re: Mob Arena, and vanishing armor
« Reply #1 on January 12, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »
soo... 11 people have read this, and zero replies.

Offline Th3Element05

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 12, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
Eastland, maybe those 11 people were regular players, and not staff or admins capable of addressing the issue.  There is no need to make another post complaining about how no one has responded to your post within 8 hours.

Also, it is the policy of the server NOT to replace items lost to glitches.  Not because they don't believe you, and not because they just don't want to, but simply because there is no way to prove what items were lost, and some players would try to scam free stuff from the admins if they replaced everything that someone claimed that they lost something due to a glitch.

I don't do the Mob Arenas very much, but when I do, I clear my inventory before I join, just in case.  This would probably be a good precaution to take in the future, as the Mob Arena plugin has been a little buggy from time to time, if I recall correctly.

Offline BretBuscus

• Add me on Xbox Live or Steam! BretBuscus! Wheeeew!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »
It can be very buggy, for example, while playing, your real inventory will appear, and you won't be able to leave unless you die, but if you do die, your stuff will be gone forever. So I would do what Element says, and take the precaution of emptying your inventory before entering the Mob Arena.

Offline Eastland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on January 13, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »
That would be a semi-valid assumption it it didn't say who was logged in at the bottom of the page.

However it would be wise to either put up a sign saying "this may delete your entire inventory"

or "please enter the MA empty" something to that effect to minimize the amount of player item loss, Since I cant report a plugin for griefing.

Some kind of warning would be nice, and perhaps a more polite response from the administration, rather than a scolding doesn't exactly make me want to donate tot his server you know.

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on January 13, 2013, 09:54:45 AM »
It is a the nature of craftbukkit servers that there are bugs everywhere. We can't document them all, and there's not a way to send you a warning before you join the mod arena that you should leave your stuff at home. The 11 people you saw online at the bottom may not have been the ones to read your thread in the last 8 hours. It could have been guests with no accounts. And, finally, YOU could have been all 8 views. Hit refresh a few times and you'll see. I only argue this point because you're silly to make such an ignorant assumption that the people on the index read your post, and then get testy when a staff member tries to explain it to you.

We're also not in the business of pandering to people who try to dangle donation carrots in front of us. If you don't appreciate the server, don't donate. No skin off our backs.
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline Eastland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on January 13, 2013, 10:22:21 AM »
Wow, That's a lot of mad...

I'm saying put it in the "^ma" announcement  or a sign up. im pretty sure its a good idea to warn people they can loose everything they are carrying.

Offline micahdg

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on January 13, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
I'll pass your suggestion to our mob arena kingpin, roadkilered :)
BNVS.<tyty1147> acualy
BNVS.<tyty1147> ima do a test
tyty1147 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
tyty1147 lost connection
tyty1147 lost connection

Offline Wolfpaw16

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
I think thats a good idea, had the same thing happen to me a few time, now i just leave my stuff in a chest.