Famcraft

Author Topic: School Status  (Read 3179 times)

Offline wilsondhp

• Dunka Dunka. That is all.
    • View Profile
School Status
« Opened on November 28, 2013, 06:41:29 PM (Edited November 28, 2013, 07:02:39 PM) »
What I've been wondering in the recent months is who all of you were (or still are) in school. Now I'll start. In school, I was the outcast, just a lonely coyote. I don't have much friends. I live in my own world. I probably will never date until I get out of high school. When we choose seats and I took a seat that someone else wanted, his or her friend would tell them: Why don't you ask him to move, it's not like he actually has feelings.
"One way to forget about pain is to do something you will be in completely. So, computer games."
                                                          -Danil 'Dendi' Ishutin

Offline BretBuscus

• Add me on Xbox Live or Steam! BretBuscus! Wheeeew!
    • View Profile
Re: School Status
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that people are like that to you. Those people are horrible people.

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
We'll I would describe myself as two types of people:

#1: I'm that person that has many different groups of friends, but the groups don't know each other.

#2: I'm that person, aside from #1, that finds the "lone coyotes" and makes each of them my friends and they meet each other and that makes the many different groups of friends I has.   :>
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »
I was never really hated back when i was in school, i got along with just about everyone... but i didn't really have a set group of friends until middle school, because of my weight. I grew up (and still am) overweight and horribly poor. When I got to middle school, I realized i didn't have any actual "friends" (mostly because we moved around so much. Middle school was my first year where I would stay the entire year, and not move halfway through and have to start all over again). I ended up sitting at a random table one day though, and ended up making friends with them (about 6 at the time) because of our love for fantasy books (Lord of the Rings, The Edge Chronicles, etc)

I never was a very normal kid though, so i loved to take as many art classes/odd classes as I could. Instead of taking Spanish like every other kid in my school, I was one of 20 in the entire school who took German (and because of it, I met Thearchitekkit (Jim), who later became my boyfriend/fiance!), AND i was the only girl who took welding 2 years in a row. I started out as the first girl in Graphics Design too, where we worked with big printing presses and a GIANT camera -- we would make banners for sports games, business cards and personalized notepads for teachers/principals, and even a little outside work like wedding invitations for people in the community.

If i were to give anyone advice though, it's to not worry about romance and relationships in school. Just, don't. Myself, and a couple of my friends were lucky enough to grow up and marry our highschool-sweethearts, but nearly everyone I know, didn't meet their boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever, until college or after.

Make friends if you can, take classes that interest you, not just ones that will look good on your diploma (Latin looks good on your diploma, but Welding is SO much more fun and practical!) and relax when you can. And don't you let ANYONE tell you that "online friends aren't real friends". Especially so here on famcraft -- out of the BILLIONS of people in this world, you were able to make friends with someone on the other side of the globe/country/etc, with the help of the internet. People you share interests with, people you may never would have met if it weren't for computers :) We may not be able to give you a real hug (even when we really REALLY want to), or have sleepovers at eachother's houses, but we do our best <33

I know i wouldn't have made it through school if it hadn't been for my internet friends back then :)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2013, 12:29:59 AM »
 I was always a loner too. I still am. It's okay to not surround yourself with people. Try to find a way to enjoy your own company. Embrace your hobbies and skills. Lose yourself in books or make up your own stories and write them down. If there's one thing I'm sure of its that one does not require other people to be happy.

I've often been treated as if I have no feelings as well. I assume this is in part because irl in tend to be a bit standoffish and quiet. I don't recall this ever bothering me too much,  mostly just an observation.

If you want friends, I do hope you find them. I believe society tries to convince us being social is the natural/normal way to be, and tries to make us feel like misfits if we are not. In reality, being social is a choice you have every right to make based upon what actually makes you happy.

Try to be true to yourself first and foremost without worrying too much about what anyone thinks. This may let you be happier on your own, or even help you find good company you didn't know was hiding in plain sight.

Offline Gedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »
Jeez. All this really makes my heart heavy. <3
Cielo Gedude: I'm on the edggee
Cielo Gedude: Of glorryy
Gedude hit the ground too hard

Offline madgaz

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: _Gaz
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
 :o

Offline wilsondhp

• Dunka Dunka. That is all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2013, 04:38:48 PM (Edited November 29, 2013, 04:50:34 PM) »
I was always a loner too. I still am. It's okay to not surround yourself with people. Try to find a way to enjoy your own company. Embrace your hobbies and skills. Lose yourself in books or make up your own stories and write them down. If there's one thing I'm sure of its that one does not require other people to be happy.

I've often been treated as if I have no feelings as well. I assume this is in part because irl in tend to be a bit standoffish and quiet. I don't recall this ever bothering me too much,  mostly just an observation.

If you want friends, I do hope you find them. I believe society tries to convince us being social is the natural/normal way to be, and tries to make us feel like misfits if we are not. In reality, being social is a choice you have every right to make based upon what actually makes you happy.

Try to be true to yourself first and foremost without worrying too much about what anyone thinks. This may let you be happier on your own, or even help you find good company you didn't know was hiding in plain sight.
Thanks for the advise, but the kids at my school are harsh and immature. They always swear and are making lame jokes that hurt themselves and everyone else. If I try to talk to them, they'll just use me not caring what they think, against me.
"One way to forget about pain is to do something you will be in completely. So, computer games."
                                                          -Danil 'Dendi' Ishutin

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »

Thanks for the advise, but the kids at my school are harsh and immature. They always swear and are making lame jokes that hurt themselves and everyone else. If I try to talk to them, they'll just use me not caring what they think, against me.

Stay away from those guys, there are probably some great kids in your school you haven't met before. You should try to jump in and be friends with them!

Offline HaydenTheBuilder

• Retired
  • The Majestic Builder of Famcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2013, 08:37:52 PM »
I'm always THAT guy who does something wrong. However, its different from troublemaking. I always forget my homework at school, lose my project at da last minute and stuff. But somehow i still get straight A's and i have glasses, which i guess makes me a nerd. I try to say what needs to be said, but sometimes that causes problem.

Also, i consider myself athletic, since im VERY into baseball and soccer., though i sometimes play basketball and football.

My school friends (RealDerkK and RealAndrewH) know wat im talking about here  :-\
"Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on November 29, 2013, 09:15:56 PM (Edited December 01, 2013, 10:45:06 PM) »
I was the loner in middle school. I always attracted the emo and loner type of kids no matter what. I have a couple of close friends and then I has a few friends that joke around with me as a scrape goat. I was a really horrible person during my sophomore year and I joke around with my friends now. For me I learned it's easier to wear my emotional mask around others, letting everyone think I was ok.

For me now I guess I'm just the invisible guy who is stuck in the crowd trying his hardest to shout when it's impossible to do. Yeah it was cool getting away with some things here and there, but it also made me feel lonely knowing that even my friends couldn't see me anymore.

Offline RealAndrewH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on November 30, 2013, 06:34:15 AM »
I'm always THAT guy who does something wrong. However, its different from troublemaking. I always forget my homework at school, lose my project at da last minute and stuff. But somehow i still get straight A's and i have glasses, which i guess makes me a nerd. I try to say what needs to be said, but sometimes that causes problem.

Also, i consider myself athletic, since im VERY into baseball and soccer., though i sometimes play basketball and football.

My school friends (RealDerkK and RealAndrewH) know wat im talking about here  :-\

You don't play football, do you?

Anyways, me, Hayden, and Derek all started middle school this year, and at least for me, it's... different. I mean, its CRAZY how you have to run from class to class trying to remember your homework and all the big projects and... the list goes on and on. Now that all the elementary schools are together, my dad is trying to get me to have a lot of friends, and I'm on the shyer side. I have about 10 good friends ATM, depending on what you call "good", and I have gotten a few new friends. And, like Hayden said, I consider myself athletic as well, as I like baseball and basketball. Anyways, Middle school is going to be dangerous, let's hope we live XD

Offline HaydenTheBuilder

• Retired
  • The Majestic Builder of Famcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on November 30, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »

You don't play football, do you?

Anyways, me, Hayden, and Derek all started middle school this year, and at least for me, it's... different. I mean, its CRAZY how you have to run from class to class trying to remember your homework and all the big projects and... the list goes on and on. Now that all the elementary schools are together, my dad is trying to get me to have a lot of friends, and I'm on the shyer side. I have about 10 good friends ATM, depending on what you call "good", and I have gotten a few new friends. And, like Hayden said, I consider myself athletic as well, as I like baseball and basketball. Anyways, Middle school is going to be dangerous, let's hope we live XD

Ya I don't. play anymore I just watch it during the weekends and yes I agree to dear ol' fresh there has been some personal problems (andrew yes it is afternoon)
"Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."

Offline xChaosxRipperx

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on December 02, 2013, 03:10:54 AM (Edited December 02, 2013, 03:17:52 AM) »
School.
 I hated every minute of it yet i still miss it. I was the loner in school. not because i wanted it but because i was forced to it. I was the social outcast that walked the halls. Ive been made fun of my whole life. And i mean all the way back to 1st grade to when i can remember coming into PA. Starting out young it was just being made fun of for my name but as you get older things progress. The insults got worse and everyday i was hearing things. When you hear things about yourself everyday for years you start to believe it even if you know its not true. I was a loner because i couldn't handle people anymore. I couldn't fit in even though i look back and see how normal i was. A skater in school who had his small amount of friends, i did 1 year of sports and kept to traditional classes because honors had people in it that 100% hated me. Even with everything people put me through i was known for being happy/loud/energetic but that was to the ones who didnt know the real me. The close group of about 8 friends saw my real side everyday. tired of everything, Not wanted to be here to hear another thing. Barely hanging onto reality. All of us were the outcasts of the school. we all had our own stories and we all talked to each other because we all had people who knew what the pain was for it. I regret nothing i did in school, Because despite everything everyone did i fell i turned out great. Im not the best person out there and i know that cause everyone makes mistakes. But truely let me tell you guys something. If you're having trouble in school  do not lose a hold of your best friends. You need to find the people who make you guys happy or anything that makes you happy because when its all over. Always remember to keep to what makes YOU happy. Status means nothing. you move on to whole new things. Most of my close friends spread off to college. only 1 stayed around and thats why i haven't been around much because they're all back in PA for the holidays. When you guys graduate its a whole new life for you. College leads to brand new people to meet, great new friends await you all. Never give up on your dreams, Never give up on who you are because of other people. Trust me when i say this, things can get bad and i know, Ive been through things i wouldn't wish on the people who gave me the most torment. But when its all over a whole new life starts for you guys and everything gets better.

If you guys are ever having trouble and need someone to talk to, Inbox me because i will be there for you if you need someone. wether if you just need someone to listen to you vent or if you just need a shoulder to lean on. You guys are amazing and don't ever let anyone make you think otherwise, Never let your light stop shining, You were made who you were for a reason.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi

Observe everything, admire nothing.

Offline chipw

• Retired
  • Crazy like a bear asleep in the winter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on December 02, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
Kids these days are lucky, because they can find friends in far away places as if they had moved in next door with the internet.  When I was growing up, mobile phones were a futuristic thing, now my 11 year old has one.

In elementary and middle school, I was the short fat kid that got picked last for everything and in high school I hung out with the wrong crowds only because they were the only ones that would talk to me.  I made more friends from other schools than I did my own.  In my day, meeting people from other areas was through jobs.  Because I didn't have the internet to meet people like me, I started working when I was 15 and it probably saved my life.  It's where I met people in my own school like me that I didn't have classes with and probably wouldn't have met otherwise. 

I lucked out and sprouted between middle and high school.  So I was no longer the short kid, but people still seen me that way.  Like Ghouls said, I just went and did what I was interested in and ended up meeting people that I would later call friends.  Just use school for what school is there for, learning.  Don't worry about the relationships, they will come when they come.  Don't worry about friends in school, you have them here.  Don't worry about mean kids because one day, you will be their boss.  They usually tend to not get very far in life because they were too busy being "cool".
(Owner: bknysnake) move road...
(Owner: bknysnake) move
(JrAdmin: roadkilered) its ok we got it
roadkilered has died of unknown causes