Famcraft

Author Topic: What are retired staff?  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Cleopatra03

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Cleopatra03
What are retired staff?
« Opened on January 03, 2014, 12:57:32 AM »
I mean i guess they are retired but why are they retired?
yeet

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
Re: What are retired staff?
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2014, 01:51:37 AM »
Staff retire for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes, it's because they no longer wish to play on Famcraft (they got bored, their computer is broken, they have to focus on school, etc) So they quit to make room for a new person to take their place :)

Other times, people retire to make time for themselves to play! :D Being staff can be really hectic and time-consuming, because you're asked to drop whatever you're doing (building, farming, etc) and go help someone, be it giving a tour to a new player, or inspecting a grief, doing a world-edit, etc.

Sometimes, you don't get a lot of time to actually play or build, because you're constantly helping people (admins especially are extremely busy as soon as they log on, because they have so many responsibilities that only admins can do like spawners, stargates, and etc) So many times, staff will decide that they've helped out enough, and step down so that someone else can move up in rank, and they can spend their time playing, building, and enjoying themselves. :) It can get overwhelming sometimes! lol

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2014, 03:19:32 AM »
For example i am retired on the survival server, as i spent most time nog on famcraft ftb servers. Therefore i am not enough online on the survival server to really matter as staff there.  ;)

Offline Cleopatra03

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Cleopatra03
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2014, 03:49:33 AM »
Thanks guys for answering
yeet

Offline RealAndrewH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2014, 06:36:06 AM »
Yeah i was wondering why gen is always on even though she is retired. I thought retired meant only you didn't play anymore :P

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »
Yeah i was wondering why gen is always on even though she is retired. I thought retired meant only you didn't play anymore :P
Beeing staff also brings other responsibilities too, and this means you sometime dont get to play the game at some points. Some staff therefore choose to be retire from it, to have more time to play :)

Offline HaydenTheBuilder

• Retired
  • The Majestic Builder of Famcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
can retired staffs still come back to their position or rank before they retired?
"Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
can retired staffs still come back to their position or rank before they retired?

It entirely depends on many things. Why they were retired. If we need staff. If they are on often enough again. etc.

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2014, 05:21:18 PM »
The most common demotion of staff, or retirement, is inability to log enough time. Many staff members get caught up with things they must deal with immediately, in life, and therefore cannot keep their rank as staff on the server due to inactivity.