Famcraft

Author Topic: HASA Center for Infectious Diseases!  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
HASA Center for Infectious Diseases!
« Opened on January 31, 2014, 08:13:17 AM »
I've been working on a project recently that i'm really SUPER proud of. Normally when i build things, i take days to build it in a creative singleplayer world first, and THEN try to build it on the server -- but this time, i'm building it as I go. So i figured I'd share my progress here, since i'm really in love with this thing and i would absolutely love to hear you guys' input and suggestions :D

((By the way the texturepack I use in some of the pictures is [Here]))

. : : | | ============================ | | : : .

HASA Center for Infectious Diseases

Why I built this:
Two reasons. The first, being that my house seems to be constantly infected with various eGI-based diseases (Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease, etc) and it was obvious that we needed someone to handle such toxic environments safely, and keep from infecting the rest of our players! Second, is that I'd never done anything even remotely modern (everything is usually Medieval or Victorian) and I REALLY wanted to play with stained glass :I #shameless

The outside. It needs a LOT of landscaping, and a bit more shape added here and there, but i'm really happy with how it turned out :D

Stepping Inside, you're immediately greeted with the reception desk. ((If you are able, check out the secretary's monitor and see the pixel art i did! If you'd like one for yourself, i sell them in the brown section of the mall <3)

Then there's the Waiting Room/Sitting Area. Upstairs, is a small sitting area (reserved for staff on break) as well as a public restroom.

Take the elevator downstairs, and you'll be in the first level basement: Research and Testing. This is where the HASA scientists investigate the diseases that plague minecraft (Zombieism, Witchy Warts, eGI-based Mad Cow Disease, etc).

((Colored Lines on the floor mark different wings, much like the ones in a Hospital))

((Employee Locker Room. When i'm finished, each locker will be filled with a nametag, lab coat, and goggles! :D))

((The First Lab. Based on a Highschool Science Lab I used to have class in!))

((Animal Testing Lab. Though I don't really approve of animal testing IRL, I wanted the labs to grow a little more sinister the deeper you go, to give you the feeling that maybe *something* is a little off here... >:D This one using chickens and bats as test subjects instead of rats, despite the fact that there is a rat maze. I was thinking about replacing a few of the chickens with silverfish to pose as rats, but i didn't see any silverfish eggs at the donor shop and wasn't sure if they would despawn despite being named with a nametag?))

((Virology Lab. The minecart agitates back and forth to look like a working centrifuge. The colored tanks on the wall hold toxic gasses used in the testing and elimination of viruses. In hindsight, this room should really have an airlock door, lol.))

(( THE MIGHTY CRYO-CHAMBER! -- Each one of the goo-filled chambers holds a hostile mob! In them, we have: A creeper, A charged creeper, a skeleton, a witch, a zombie, a zombie villager, regular villager, and a zombie pigman. On either side of the chamber sits a control room used to stabilize pressure, and administer any chemicals we might need into the goo. ))

((X-ray Lab. Medical not Cheaty! :P This room is for our scientists to X-ray any test subjects to check for any internal results that don't require autopsies or exploitative surgery! Be careful though, as you can be exposed to radiation! Wear your lead vests before entering!))
(("Caution: Radiation" Sign is another pixel art, captured on a map and placed in an item frame, just like the computer moniters! You can BUY one of these maps from me for 5k at my shop in the brown section :D))

((Employee Bathroom, one for each gender! Not pictured: My totally awesome water fountain and gendered signs just outside the door))

. : : | | ============================ | | : : .

I would love to hear any suggestions you guys might have for new (medical-themed) rooms, as well as any decorations you can think of! Some of the rooms are a little plain, and paintings/plants just seem out of place :T

Future Plans:
  • Librarian Villagers spawned via eggs and named with nametags to appear as Scientists. (Other non-librarian villagers will be reserved for another floor as workers/engineers))
  • Pathology Lab -- A place to preform Autopsies on specimens and record their findings
  • Operating Room -- A room where surgeries and other medical procedures can be preformed.
  • *LATER* Robotics Basement Level. (Why does a center for infectious diseases need robots? BECAUSE SCIENCE!)
  • *LATER* Power level (3rd Basement Floor). This floor will provide power to the entire facility. There will also be an access tunnel to other HASA Facilities from here.

Offline Sasikins

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: HASA Center for Infectious Diseases!
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2014, 08:30:20 AM »
this is absolutely amazing

Offline HaydenTheBuilder

• Retired
  • The Majestic Builder of Famcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
ooh! aah!
"Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."

Offline RealAndrewH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
OMG its amazing!!

Offline gav

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Tr1xstr
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
Wow looks amazing! Nice job with the labs :D. How long exactly did it take u to build this? Looks like a pretty big project.

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Wow looks amazing! Nice job with the labs :D. How long exactly did it take u to build this? Looks like a pretty big project.
It's taken about a week or two altogether -- but luckily i had most of the materials on hand, so i haven't had to do a lot of mining/gathering.

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
Yet again, the Ghouls delivers us a tremendous performance of which I have never seen the likes of. Bravo! Bravo!!

* vespamartio applauds for 5.274 minutes

Suggestion: I think it might be cool if in the Animal Testing Lab, that there is a secret door or something that leads to a deeper, more evil (perhaps Plenary controlled) Laboratory, as sort of a play off the "give you the feeling that maybe *something* is a little off here... >:D" part you mentioned. Something like you did in the haunted house at the carnival perhaps.
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2014, 07:58:33 PM »
Yet again, the Ghouls delivers us a tremendous performance of which I have never seen the likes of. Bravo! Bravo!!

* vespamartio applauds for 5.274 minutes

Suggestion: I think it might be cool if in the Animal Testing Lab, that there is a secret door or something that leads to a deeper, more evil (perhaps Plenary controlled) Laboratory, as sort of a play off the "give you the feeling that maybe *something* is a little off here... >:D" part you mentioned. Something like you did in the haunted house at the carnival perhaps.

Oh i planned on making it very obvious how sinister this corporation is the deeper you get. Though i love the idea of a secret area :)

Offline HaydenTheBuilder

• Retired
  • The Majestic Builder of Famcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »
I've been there, and this is probably the best modern build in famcraft. (Especially the Underground)
"Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."

Offline 1869_Flame

• Retired
  • Home is where my dirt-hut is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »
Looking really great. I love that new strained glad in survival.

Offline zOracle

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2014, 05:49:48 AM »
the detail you have put into making the equipment is inspirational :D

[15:46] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Epic) so many mobs ;-;