Famcraft

Author Topic: sorry plea  (Read 2361 times)

Offline xXtracrazyXx

• View Profile
sorry plea
« Opened on March 08, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
i am so sorry for what i did , but unsure what i did but i love your server it is the only one that i truly love and now i am banned it is my first time and i am kind of new at all this minecraft stuff and i am really sorry i will donate for whatever i did I hope you understand i LOVE you all sososos much. :)

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
Re: sorry plea
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to plea, your plea will be reviewed and we'll get back to you when a decision is made.

The reason for your ban is because we'd found quite a lot of griefing that was done by your account, in the same area and same time as kayleepurple's griefing... Which means that you two were griefing all those buildings together.  :(

Offline xXtracrazyXx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2014, 02:48:26 PM (Edited March 08, 2014, 04:25:50 PM) »
my sister said that is wasn't
rieving bc it was an abandoned place i was trying to tell her to stop and i left the place and told my friend. i didnt mean to i promise and it will never happen again :( i am so sorry i feel so bad i hope you can let me back on sorry. please forgive me

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on March 09, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »
 This plea is still being considered.

There are a few things about this situation that really bother me.

First of all, if you read the rules when you joined, we stress NO griefing. Not just "No griefing currently occupied properties." We are VERY strict on these rules. How would you feel if you left the server for the weekend, and came back to find your home destroyed because it appeared to be "abandoned".

You were in a city, with many homes, doing all kinds of damage. </3 I don't think you thought they were all abandoned. I think you thought no one was watching, so no one would find out. :( That's not how we work here.

Another thing that really bothers me a lot, is when you were defending Kaylee, and I explained how much damage she had done. You wanted to see, and I brought you to the exact area you BOTH griefed together. Then you said you understood why she was banned, and you went back to playing.
 :( The honest thing to do would have been to explain that you griefed there too. This would have given us a chance to repair those players homes sooner. It would have also allowed us to discuss with you what a suitable course of action would be. It could have been as simple as returning items to us, and re-reading the rules, or maybe a 3 day tempban.
 By not being honest with us, we found it out about it on our own and followed our standard no-griefing policy procedure, which often includes a permban for this amount of damage.

Honesty/apologies go a really long way here at Famcraft. We really do care about our players here. We do not like to ban people.
 We like to be told the truth. We like players to explain situations to us, and help us understand how and why things like this happen. We always make every effort to work with honest, sincere players.

You were a nice player, xXtracrazyXx . Usually polite, and nice to be around. It would sadden me to see the community lose you for something like griefing, but we do take our rules very seriously here.

Again, this plea is still being considered. Please feel free to reply here while discuss this. We will try to let you know something in the next couple of days.

Offline xXtracrazyXx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on March 10, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »
well i had no warning and i didn't mean to again i am very sorry it seems to many people get banned on this server it is not only me who make mistakes i am new and if you want to be hard then sure. I have gave a ton for server i love the people but if i get banned for a mistake then i don't think it is fair not only to me but everybody else who gets banned for a mistake. I know you will say this is a family server and i don't think it is fair to the people i grieved and well i donated and i am sorry. Kaylee got warnings i had a clean record and did not mean to do anything i promise. :(.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on March 10, 2014, 04:39:59 PM (Edited March 10, 2014, 05:09:18 PM) »
well i had no warning
 We are not required to give warning on mass griefing, or anything else. Your "warning" is the fact that it is a rule, clearly posted at spawn, as well as in the handbook you receive when you join the server. 

i didn't mean to again i am very sorry
 I appreciate the fact that you regret griefing, but what we saw was done intentionally.

it seems to many people get banned on this server it is not only me who make mistakes i am new and if you want to be hard then sure.
 I have seen this said before, but only by the players who are banned for breaking the rules. The players who are behaving are happy the rules are being enforced and that their homes and properties are being protected.

I have gave a ton for server i love the people but if i get banned for a mistake then i don't think it is fair not only to me but everybody else who gets banned for a mistake.
 Sometimes, we have to learn from our mistakes. This is why your ban included a plea option, so we can discuss this, and you can learn why this was a problem. This can help you not only here, on this server, but in other ways too. Being respectful of other people and their property is an important part of life.

I know you will say this is a family server and i don't think it is fair to the people i grieved and well i donated and i am sorry.
 Yes, this is a family server. Our rules exist to protect everyone. The same rules that got you banned, would also help you if this situation were reversed. If someone griefed your home, you would be sad. It would hurt your feelings, and you would wonder why they broke something you worked hard to build.
 A staff team would visit the area, and make a report. An admin would come to visit your home, and restore the damaged blocks to repair your home. This is what we have done for the players you griefed. We have reversed the damage. Donating does not help in these situations.

Kaylee got warnings i had a clean record and did not mean to do anything i promise.
 Kaylee was warned when we first found something minor, and she continued. While we are under no obligation to warn, ever. If we find a player doing something small- breaking 2-3 blocks, taking from a garden or something of that nature, and they have been a good player otherwise, then often we choose to warn first.       
 Had you told us what you had done when you came to see Kaylee's griefing in the area where you had griefed too, then you would not have been perm-banned.
  Not getting caught... is not the same as a "clean record".

I would like to see you back on the server. But before I can pardon you, we need to know that you understand the rules, and that you see how they work. The fact that you think we "ban too many players for mistakes"  tells me you may not have fully read the rules.

Please review the rules here: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Once you've read them, and are sure you understand and can follow them, please post a reply here and we will try to get you back on the server as soon as possible.

Offline xXtracrazyXx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on March 10, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »
Okay i read the rules i understand and i take full responsibility thanks for showing me the rules again I forgot about some thanks!!!! and i would feel sad that if somebody grieved me. I feel bad when i get back on i will apologize to the people that i grieved i love Famcraft never meant to hurt it <3 thanks for letting me explain and thanks for explaining to me that it wasn't ok and again i apologized.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on March 10, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
 Thank you so much for your reply. It is perfect. That's exactly what I needed to hear. You are unbanned. Welcome back! We will be happy to see you back on the server. I am sure we won't have any more problems. :D