Famcraft

Author Topic: Would like some help  (Read 4023 times)

Offline Freedollar

• View Profile
Would like some help
« Opened on April 09, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
I want my parents to get me a Wii U. They don't want to. Any ideas on how to get my parents to get me one?

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
Re: Would like some help
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
I want my parents to get me a Wii U. They don't want to. Any ideas on how to get my parents to get me one?

Ask for a PS4 instead. Nintendo stinks nowadays :P

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »

Ask for a PS4 instead. Nintendo stinks nowadays :P

the martio is very offended by your statement Mr. 13 :-X
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »
A Wii U, those things are horrible, if you want something Nintendo go a 2ds or 3ds

Offline RealAndrewH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »
A Wii U, those things are horrible, if you want something Nintendo go a 2ds or 3ds

guys your missing the point. Your not trying to convince him not to buy a Wii U but tell him how HE can convince his parents that he should get a Wii U

And Free, listen to Lemmy. Hes on the right track.  ;D

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2014, 07:03:37 AM »

guys your missing the point. Your not trying to convince him not to buy a Wii U but tell him how HE can convince his parents that he should get a Wii U

I am stating that his parents probably don't want a Wii U because of bad reviews :P

P.S. I said nowadays, Mr. Martio, back when you were created, those were the good Nintendo days.

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »
Well free if your 16 or older then I would say get a job and make some money. =3

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
  • Professional Blue Koala 🐨
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: StitchAKA626
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »
Well, you know the classic storybook/children's tv show way to get a puppy; if you can show your parents that you are responsible enough to own and care for a dog, then your chances are certainly better to get the pet.  Consider the Wii to be a dog; if you can show your parents that you will use it enough to justify the somewhat hefty price and enjoy your time with it, but perhaps offer to devote some extra time towards chores, they may see that you're responsible enough to not be a video game zombie while still appreciating your gift. If it were MY parents (my dad, specifically...) it would be a good motivation for them if I told my dad that it would allow us to have some fun father-son time together.  :D  Although having friends is very important and gaming is fun and all, family is what it all comes down to.  ;)

There's also the parents who may not 'enjoy' the loud noises or see you playing games ALL day... You have to determine how your parents react to you wanting a big, expensive gift and see what YOU think the best way is to persuade them; only you know your parents best.  But of course, if they say absolutely not, then it's probably best not to push it, cause then they'll just get irritated if that's all you talk about and start to think you're not happy with the toys you already have.

Of course it's up to you, but I hope this helps. :)  Maybe this is sort of a long response, but I can 100% relate to your situation :P

Well free if your 16 or older then I would say get a job and make some money. =3
This would certainly help as well; not only could you put in some of your own money, but you can also show extra responsibility :)

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2014, 12:00:21 PM (Edited April 10, 2014, 12:02:20 PM) »
Boy, you sure have figured out our generations parents, haven't you, Jordie? :>

I do think that is good advice though, but what you really need to ask yourself is "Will I really use this, or will it just be put under the TV and forgotten about?". I'm not saying that you should use it a ton if you get one, but you shouldn't ask for something and then not use it. That's what it really boils down to when I buy things.

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2014, 01:23:56 PM »
I totally agree with Chris on this one.  Back when I was 9, I had a DSi, and I just got the new Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks game within a month of it coming out; I saw the commercials and looked over the reviews and (as all Zelda games) it was great.  Except, I was absolutely terrible at video games back then, I played for probably 3 hours, and got COMPLETELY stuck on a level... That became one of 'those' games that sat on the shelf (on, in my game case for that matter) which eventually got me $15 at gamestop after 2 years.  Kinda sad, cause now I really want to play it again, but I know I wouldn't get the time to actually play...

And then it happened to me again when I got Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS when I was 12... I don't wanna hear it, but those stupid Skulltulas from the first level inside the Deku tree used to creep the heck out of me. Fortunately, I still have that one, and I'm rather enjoying finally getting to finish it now  ;D

And Chrisiepoo, I don't approve of you nickname selection... :>

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
How dare you call me Chrisiepoo, Jordie...

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »

q_q See what I have to live with?

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »

q_q See what I have to live with?

Hush now children, Matthew will be right back with your bottles.

I am stating that his parents probably don't want a Wii U because of bad reviews :P

P.S. I said nowadays, Mr. Martio, back when you were created, those were the good Nintendo days.

You may continue.
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »
Bottles? Excuse me mister... I believe you are to be the one using those...

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on April 11, 2014, 06:58:20 AM »
What's wrong with drinking out of a bottle? I drank Gatorade just last night... LOL