Re: EULA
« Reply #15 on July 17, 2014, 11:45:39 AM »
Okay, thanks Kealpy  ;D

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on July 17, 2014, 12:40:23 PM (Edited July 17, 2014, 01:33:11 PM) »
Just an FYI, and a reassurance from an owner, I would never allow famcraft to go down. FamCraft has many years to come.

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on July 17, 2014, 01:14:55 PM (Edited July 17, 2014, 01:33:22 PM) »
Just an FYI, and a reassurance from an owner, I would never allow famcraft to go down. FamCraft has many years to come.

Well said :DDD

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on July 17, 2014, 09:44:01 PM »
* Domsters931 feels the happiest he has felt today after reading this

Offline Luca_B123

• I smell funny?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on July 25, 2014, 08:20:57 AM »
TBH mojang does have a point, but I sort of do find it sad that they have to take away a reward for the server and the players on the server. Even though I would probably never have donated as my parents would be one of those in that mob of them. Surely though we can cope without it, there will be other ways (hopefully) to get stuff like /fly, /hat, picks, etc. And it's not like the server is gonna fall without these donations*. So I just hope that people keep their hair on about this and that the server stays as fun as it has ever been. Infact I hope they'll bring even more fun!
 :)

*I am sure lots of people will still be donating anyway.

Offline dcm121kd35

• Donator
  • Famcraft FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on July 25, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »
As much as I am upset about the new EULA and it's effects, (Only a week of donation items left D:) I honestly agree with Mojang on this. If people are getting scammed of their earned money, especially children who don't get the opportunity to donate very often, and say really wanted a fortune 20 pickaxe, it is not right for them to donate the money and get nothing in return, when the server said that they would. After the children get scammed they will most likely tell their parents, and the parents will call Mojang, NOT the server that scammed the players and Mojang can't help them ;-;. I would much rather still have the donation items for famcraft, and there not be this new EULA, but if people are getting scammed of their money, I think it is acceptable. This is my opinion on the new EULA.  ;D

Offline HaydenTheBuilder

• Retired
  • The Majestic Builder of Famcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on July 25, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »
 So you can still donate to a server, but you get nothing out of it, right?
"Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on July 25, 2014, 09:55:08 AM »
I think what u we'll get if u donate is the colored names. But I'm not totaly sure.

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on July 25, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »

If you donate after August 1st, you can get things like /hat, colored names, and other COSMETIC things. This means anything that makes your character look cool, but does not give them an advantage (like armor. It may look cool too, but it also gives you protection or enchantments, whereas /hat will only make your head look cool :D)

Things like the diamond picks, armor, and other non-cosmetic things will not be able to be bought with IRL money. (SOME of these things will be able to be bought with famcoins :D)

I hope that helps <3 you guys should check out the new EULA post Anna made :) It explains it better than I can :D

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #24 on July 25, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
 Thanks Ghouls!

Learn more about Famcraft's EULA compliance here: http://u.famcraft.com/55

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on October 23, 2014, 09:35:52 PM »
wow! Isn't this great. The Eula compliance in my opinion has been great. It seems like everyone has just adjusted fine to it.

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on October 23, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »

If you donate after August 1st, you can get things like /hat, colored names, and other COSMETIC things. This means anything that makes your character look cool, but does not give them an advantage (like armor. It may look cool too, but it also gives you protection or enchantments, whereas /hat will only make your head look cool :D)

Things like the diamond picks, armor, and other non-cosmetic things will not be able to be bought with IRL money. (SOME of these things will be able to be bought with famcoins :D)

I hope that helps <3 you guys should check out the new EULA post Anna made :) It explains it better than I can :D

I think it would be cool if the color and overall look of tools and armor were customizable with donation without changing the enchant(s) or material(s) out of which the armor is made. Like, for example, making diamond armor green or some other color than glowing blue/purple. I'm not exactly sure how possible that would be, though XD
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD

Offline PegLegPegasus

• Donator
  • Apofiss cats will rule de world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on November 02, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »
Sasikins, u summed up everything i was gonna say. Im gonna add one more thing. Famcraft hasnt changed at all, so we shouldnt be worried about it. But, some people just are like that. When they get scammed, they yell at Mojang. I feel, that because it doesnt really affect us directly, then we should just be the happy Famcrafters that we are.
"Well why didn't you do it when you had the chance?"

This is me.

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on November 02, 2014, 07:03:35 AM »

I think it would be cool if the color and overall look of tools and armor were customizable with donation without changing the enchant(s) or material(s) out of which the armor is made. Like, for example, making diamond armor green or some other color than glowing blue/purple. I'm not exactly sure how possible that would be, though XD

If it was possible, it would be really cool :)