Famcraft

Author Topic: Respect Others' Spaces  (Read 1804 times)

Offline mathfreak2

• Retired
  • integral from 0 to 2sqrt(21) of x wrt x = 42
    • View Profile
Respect Others' Spaces
« Opened on July 29, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
     Lately, I've seen more problems arise with players getting a bit "too close for comfort". I wanted to point out some ways that can help define, avoid, and solve these uncomfortable situations.

Firstly, what is "getting too close for comfort"? "Getting too close for comfort" describes a variety of conflicts. For example, taking resources from a spawner at which someone else is afking can be "getting too close for comfort" because you have to be close enough to the other person to take the items which he or she is spawning. Often times, even if you aren't taking the items, the person that was there before you still feels the need to watch you "just in case" which can still make people feel uncomfortable. Another example of "getting too close for comfort" is sending random tpa requests. Make sure you know and have the attention of the person to whom you are sending the tpa request. He or she is more likely to respond if you have the other person's attention. If you don't have the other person's attention, he or she may ignore or question it. Yet other example of "getting too close for comfort" is being in someone's area without permission. If this happens and they ask you politely to leave, please do so immediately and without question.

Secondly, how can you prevent "getting too close for comfort"? Make sure you always listen to the people whose space you might be crowding. This applies to everyone near you. Look around so you know where everybody is. Also, if you're in someone else's area, the person whose space you might be crowding doesn't necessarily have to be present. Make sure you have permission to be in that area if someone else owns it.

Thirdly, how can you tell when you are "getting too close for comfort"? When another player says something like "Can you please leave?" or "I was here first. Maybe you can come a little later." that is his or her way of politely asking you to leave. If you are anywhere other than your private area, then you should politely leave by typing /home <name> or /spawn. If you are in a private area and a person sends you a tpa request, then you can deny it and say, "I'm sorry, but I'm in a private area. Is there something you needed?" All of these strategies can help solve the situation without getting anyone else involved.

Lastly, how do you correct the mistake of "getting too close for comfort"? Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. The trick is knowing how to make up for them. If you accidentally got "too close for comfort", then there are ways to mend that mistake. For example, you can apologize to the person whose space you invaded. If you accidentally stole something for which they afk'd or made, then you can start by giving that something back. If you already used it, you can show your sincerity by earning it back. If, for some reason, you cannot give it back, you can make up for it by paying the person back in famcoins.

We're all about making friends here on Famcraft. So, please, respect others' spaces. It makes everyone feel better and allows everyone to have an even greater experience on Famcraft. Respecting space also makes for a lot more peaceful chat, and everyone likes that. Thank you for reading this, and I hope you all have a fantastic time playing more Famcraft.  :D

SrMod:~Rowan
IGN: mathfreak2
<Thoatt> I was very much into fluid dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) but your opinion on that was... fluid?
<Thoatt> up to ferrofluid in magnetic field dynamics
(SrMod: ~Rowan) that sounds like an attractive field
(SrMod: ~Rowan) I'm going hard on the puns right now XD