Famcraft

Author Topic: Please unban & help to know why.  (Read 1928 times)

Offline kelvinator06

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Please unban & help to know why.
« Opened on September 06, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »
Hello Famcraft,
Thank you for creating this service, my two children (ages 7 & 9) are very excited to be playing in your world.

My 7 year old kelvinator06 must have done something wrong and probably didn't understand what he did.  Please help us to know what he did so we can NOT do it in the future.

We apologize for not understanding what we he may have done wrong.  We have read the rules, but probably don't understand how they apply in all cases.

I'm not sure if the ban is temp or perm, we can't log in and the message simply says banned.

Please unban him and help us to make this server a better place.

Thank you very, very much,

kelvin's father Lucien

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Please unban & help to know why.
« Reply #1 on September 06, 2014, 04:46:46 PM (Edited September 06, 2014, 04:49:25 PM) »
 kelvinator06 and Donovangeorge were both permbanned from the server. They were both banned for mass amounts of griefing. We take our rules very seriously here as it is out full intention to provide a happy, safe and fun environment for players of all ages.

Part of keeping our players safe and happy is keeping their work intact. This is a survival server. All supplies are earned here, and the time and work that goes into the players homes, farms, gardens and other structures is very real. It is hurtful to the players to log in and find their work destroyed. :(

On Famcraft, we have a system that allows us to see each and every block interaction. When we ban for griefing, we are certain about what has occurred.

Here is the ban information for your children's bans.

Kelvin was permbanned for griefing and stealing at Profarms (Profarms is a free to use farm to help players who need easy access to resources) Kelvinator Broke and stole many items including glass, ladders, hoppers, fences, skulls, etc, and also failed to replant anything he took. The Profarm's rules are clearly stated up front, and are the same as the server rules.

Donavan was banned for these same things, and also breaking through buildings rather than using the doors that were readily available.

For most griefs of this nature/size we do not accept pleas. However, with some parental involvement we may be able to give them another chance to play here. If this happened again, they would not be allowed to return.

In order for them to return, I would like to ask that you very careful go over our rules with them, and be present with them for a server tour. The tour explains the plugins and expectations on the server.

Server Rules:

https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,2.msg36160.html#msg36160

Please let me know if there is a time you would be able to join your children for a server tour.

Offline kelvinator06

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on September 07, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
Thank you very much for the opportunity to re-joing and change our ways.   Both Kelvin and Donovan thought supplies were for the from what seemed to be public or server provided areas before plunging into the wilderness and they also thought structures regenerate as they have seen in some places (not sure if this is Famcraft or other servers).  We have very little experience with servers.

I have had a long discussion with them and they now understand the work that goes into the world by its members is to be respected and not just chaos like our LAN.  I would like to see them become positive additions to your community.

Is it possible to help rebuild/return what my sons have taken or broken from other players?

We are available for a tour most evenings from 6pm-8pm eastern standard time (NYC time).

I had actually taken the tour with them and read the rules to them.  I must admit, I was not clear what they were allowed to take or not.  I apologize I didn't spend more time asking questions, but I didn't know what to ask during those first five minutes.   Now that we have seen a bit more of the place we have many questions and promise to ask additional questions when we are not clear.

Thank you.

Lucien (their father).

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on September 07, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »

Thank you. Nothing on this server automatically regenerates. Everything is  earned and placed by our members.

The destroyed areas have signs very clearly posted as you arrive to the area as well as all around the area. The signs must be passed to enter and use the areas.

Griefing is breaking any block another player placed. Stealing is also griefing. It is also considered griefing to kill another players animals or to harvest their crops- even if you replant. Damaging the landscape in player's yards is also griefing.

The map is unlimited so there is plenty of space and plenty of resources for everyone without any need to grief or steal. Money is easy to earn so players can purchase things at /warp mall, and there is even a free daily 1000 coin allowance at /warp money. We try to make sure everyone can have a good time here while always remaining respectful to other players and their property.

At the free farms, you are allowed to harvest the crops- but you must replant.

I will pardon them both now, but if this happens again, they may not be able to return. Thank you so much for understanding.

Offline kelvinator06

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on September 07, 2014, 05:53:16 PM »
Thanks very, very much.  We look forward to learning and having fun!