Famcraft

Author Topic: Microsoft is buying Mojang  (Read 13266 times)

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft is buying Mojang
« Reply #45 on November 02, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Ugh, why did Mojang have to sell to Microsoft. Everything is changing :P

Offline ApolloMew

• Retired
  • Forever ~Mickry
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on November 23, 2014, 10:59:34 AM »
I still have strong doubts about it, Think about what Microsoft has done wrong in the past. If they hadn't messed up a lot, I would be hype for this.

Offline bknysnake

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on December 08, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
They are keeping most of the mojang team, so I doubt anything would change to far from mojangs vision. If anything, Microsoft would be opening up more doors to possibilities with their resources and the mojang team. I personally see a bright future, or at least hope for one :D

Offline Ms_Baconator

• I love bacon, what about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on January 25, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
I'm not sure about this, but i heard that Notch is no longer on the team for Minecraft... is this true? I hope not! D:

Offline Kealper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Kealper
« Reply #49 on January 25, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »
I'm not sure about this, but i heard that Notch is no longer on the team for Minecraft... is this true? I hope not! D:

Notch did choose to leave Mojang when this happened, yes. That's actually how Microsoft bought it, Notch and two other high-profile people in Mojang were wanting to leave the company, and Microsoft offered them that money for their "share" of the company once they left.

However, Notch has not worked on Minecraft itself in many years. Not too long after Jeb was made project leader for Minecraft, Notch started working on other games for the company. So the core Minecraft developers were not changed at all when the acquisition happened, and even today, many months after all of this originally happened, the same people are all still working on Minecraft.

Offline yurikoma

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on January 29, 2015, 01:00:49 AM »
while microsoft may be known for ruining many great game companies which they have purchased over the years (such as the company Rare)  they have had plenty of time to learn from their mistakes.

if anything, it is my belief that Microsoft will eventually release a minecraft 2, that way they keep the success of minecraft secured, but also open themselves to make more money from a new title.

Offline TrueMinecraftGuy

• Donator
  • SamsungHD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on January 29, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »

Notch did choose to leave Mojang when this happened, yes. That's actually how Microsoft bought it, Notch and two other high-profile people in Mojang were wanting to leave the company, and Microsoft offered them that money for their "share" of the company once they left.

However, Notch has not worked on Minecraft itself in many years. Not too long after Jeb was made project leader for Minecraft, Notch started working on other games for the company. So the core Minecraft developers were not changed at all when the acquisition happened, and even today, many months after all of this originally happened, the same people are all still working on Minecraft.
:o i though that he just left minecraft not mojang if thats what ur implying. do you mean he left mojang cuz of microsoft or he left before? im cunfuzed :P