Famcraft

Author Topic: Please un-tempban infinitymana  (Read 1959 times)

Offline jacketsniffer

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Please un-tempban infinitymana
« Opened on November 09, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
 hello i am infintymana

i just started 1 day ago and i did not see the signs.  i forgot to plant the saplings and i didn't mean to do that.  And I am just very sorry for what i did.  I did not mean to do it.  could you please remove my tempban?  Thank you.

Infinitymana's dad:  Hi, my son was temp-banned for not replanting the trees in the Profarm area.  He says he did not see the warnings from the administrators and did not see the signs.  The administrators were very good in letting us know what the procedure to appeal was.  Please consider infinitymana's appeal and do what you feel is right.  Cheers.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Please un-tempban infinitymana
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »
Hello infinitymana and Dad,

Thank you for taking the time to plea. The issue is that infinitymana had to walk right past warnings in order to use the farms. Some of the signs included "FAILURE TO REPLANT WILL RESULT IN A BAN" and "CUT DOWN THE WHOLE TREE OR MUSHROOM! DO NOT LEAVE FLOATING BITS, THIS BLOCKS NEW MUSHROOMS/TREES FROM GROWING".

This is at a free-to-use shared public farm. Failure to follow the rules there effects other player's ability to use the farm, and takes the farm owner's time, and staff members time to clean up/replant and get the farm usable again.

In addition to walking past the signs, he also ignore staff when he was taken into a private channel for discussion of the matter. He was not afk, and continued to move about as staff tried to explain what he needed to do to correct the situation and avoid a tempban. This discussion, again, was in a private channel. This means chat was not cluttered, and he was spoken to directly by name.

We understand that many players here are younger, but to keep it fun and fair for everyone, we do expect all players to follow the rules, and to listen to staff. The staff team normally makes every effort to work with players, but when they will not listen/reply, there is little else we can do to help them.

If infinitymana understands the issue, and what will need to be done differently in the future please let us know and we will certainly consider an early pardon.

Offline jacketsniffer

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »
Hello RubensCherub,

Thank you for taking the time to read Infinitymana's plea and writing a detailed response.

I think Infinitymana does understand the issue and what needs to be done differently in the future.  He said: 
<quote>I chopped down trees and did not replant them.  I chop down trees without replanting them, then there won't be much trees for other people to chop down.  I will read signs and follow the rules like they say.  I will pay more attention to the chat messages.
<endquote>

Dad again: In addition, I will resize his chat window to make it more legible.  I think the GUI is set to level that his chat window is about 10 characters wide, which may be inhibiting his reading of them.  I'm sure he'll be paying more attention from now on.

He is a young player, and the existence of the rules and the enforcement of them give me comfort that Famcraft is a wholesome play for him.  Thank you for consider his plea.

-Infinitymana's Dad.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2014, 08:35:05 PM »
 Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. This is exactly what we were hoping to hear. Infinitymana has been pardoned, and we will look very forward to seeing him back on the server. Thank you again.

Dad- feel free to join him, we have lots of parents on Famcraft, including myself. We like to think the server offers a safe and fun community for all ages. We hope to see you there too.