Famcraft

Author Topic: Sharing Screenshots or Other Images on the Forum  (Read 2727 times)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Sharing Screenshots or Other Images on the Forum
« Opened on December 06, 2014, 04:51:35 PM (Edited December 06, 2014, 06:11:27 PM) »
 How to post a screenshot on the forum.

I only have a Windows PC for this tutorial. I know I do things a bit differently than some people, but I wanted to share my way for finding my screenshots folder. I also want to explain a bit about your options for sharing images on the forum.

Please remember to only share family friendly images. If you are not sure if you should share an image- don't share it. It's always better to be safe than sorry. If you are unsure, please ask a parent or another adult you trust before sharing an image here.

How to Take and Locate a Screenshots

1.) Press F2 to take a screenshot. Don't want any chat text on your screen? You can press F1 to turn off the text, F2 to take your screenshot, and F1 again to turn back on your chat text.

To locate your screenshot:

1.) Press the [Esc] key on your keyboard.

2.) Click the "Options" button on the menu screen.

3.) Click the "Resource Packs..." button on  the "Options" screen.

4.) Click "Open Resource Pack Folder" on the bottom left.

This will place you in a folder similar to Anna> AppData >Roaming > .minecraft >resourcepacks

5.) Move UP one directory. In Windows 7, I do this by clicking on ".minecraft" in my address bar.

6.) *Bonus Step* Don't wanna do all this next time? You should be in the ".minecraft" folder now. Right click the "screenshots" folder and click "Send to >"  Select "Desktop (create shortcut). Now, next time you need to find your screenshots, you will just need to look for a folder named "Screenshots - shortcut" on your desktop.

7.) Click to open your screenshots folder and look for your screenshot. My newest images are always at the bottom.

8.) Copy/Paste the screenshot to your desktop, or any easy-to-find location on your PC.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Sharing Screenshots or Other Images on the Forum
« Reply #1 on December 06, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »
How to Share Your Screenshots  as an Attachment on a Forum Post

1.) Go to https://famcraft.com/

2.) Click "forum" near the top of the page.

3.) Choose a forum section for your post. If you are unsure of where your topic will fit in,  "General Discussion" is always a great place to post.

4.) Start a new topic or reply to an existing topic.

5.) Give your post a title, and some text. Then click "Attachments and other options" This will drop down some other options for you.

6.) Under "Attach" click "choose file" and browse to the image you wish to share.

7.) Once you've selected your image, you can add more images the same way up to four pics per post.

8.) Click the "Post" button to submit your post, pics and all.

How to Share a Pic Using the Famcraft Image Vault

1.) Visit http://image.famcraft.com/

2.) Click on "Upload" in the top right corner.

3.) Enter a name for your image, if you like. Enter your in-game-name. Click "Choose File" and browse to the pic you wish to share, then click "Upload"

4.) Once your image is uploaded, you will see several different link options below your image.

5.) Left click to highlight the link you wish to use. Right click and select "copy". Hint:  The forum link is best for the forum. You can just paste it into your message for your picture to show up.

6.) Right click in your post window, and select "paste" to paste your link.

When you submit your post, your image will show up in the location you pasted the link in your message. This means if the link is first, the picture will show up before your words. If you post the link in the middle of your post, the image will split your post into two sections. If you post the link at the end of your text, the image will show up at the bottom of your post.

7.) Optional: Bookmark your image's upload page in case you want to delete your image later. You can edit your post to remove the image link text from your post so the image is no longer displayed, but to delete the image from the Famcraft Image Vault, you will need to use the deletion link provided on the upload page.