Famcraft

Author Topic: Daughter Banned (KreeperKiller1O1), Not sure why  (Read 1700 times)

Offline rghazarian

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Daughter Banned (KreeperKiller1O1), Not sure why
« Opened on December 07, 2014, 09:16:13 AM »
Hello,

My daughter (KreeperKiller1O1) was banned from your server.  I'm fairly new to this, I'm not sure why she was banned.  She says she got 3 strikes for the following:
  • Saying omg twice, as in Oh my gosh as a thank you
  • Saying "Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much".  Because she was excited to thank someone.

I'm trying to teach her what she did wrong.  Is there a list of banned expressions?  Can you please help me understand why the above two were strikes against her?

She loves your server and would like to get unbanned.  She is sorry and promises to watch what she types.  Please advise.

Her old username was Zezzo2006, we've since changed it to KreeperKiller1O1.

Thanks,
A concerned dad.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Daughter Banned (KreeperKiller1O1), Not sure why
« Reply #1 on December 07, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
 Zezzo2006 was banned from our server for stealing and griefing. Zezzo2006 found a house she liked that was built by a player she had never met. She removed the players items from her home, harvested the players garden, built a giant Z on top of the home, then set up chest shops with signs all around the players walls- claiming the whole thing as her own. The player was pretty sad to find her home destroyed and turned into a shop.

Our rules clearly state no griefing or stealing. We never tolerate this type of thing on Famcraft.

The swear filter we use blocks swears, potentially offensive expressions, and spam (repeating characters as in "sooooooo"). Your daughter's ban was in no way related to these warnings. Staff can always see what was actually said when the filter blocks it. We usually on ban for actual swearing. The automatic warnings from the filter are simply to keep the server chat neat and free of potentially offensive phrases.

If you'd like to review the rules with your daughter you can do so here: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Here is some more info about griefing:

We log every block transaction, item transaction and entity transaction on the server, so we can always tell who did what. If it helps with your discussion/rule review, here are some things that count as griefing-

* Removing any block another player placed without that player's permission

*Placing a protection stone in another player's area

*Harvesting another player's crops without their permission

*Killing another player's animals without their permission

*Claiming/protecting another players pet without permission (Example: taming a wolf, protecting a horse)

*Removing/changing landscape features in another players "yard" (What is directly visible from their home)

*Placing blocks in another player's area without permission

*Taking items from another player's chest without permission (Stealing/griefing)

*Keeping a players items after PvP if you did not agree to at first (Stealing)

*Not replanting at public/shared/clan farms
Modify message

Offline rghazarian

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on December 10, 2014, 11:44:05 PM »
I appreciate your detailed response.  I shared this with my daughter.  We reread the rules and went over specifically griefing, stealing and spamming.  This is her first experience on MC server with such rules, she understands now and is very sorry.

She wrote the following apology and is hoping that you can give her a second chance by unbanning her:
I did not know what spam chat meant and griefing meant tell the other player that I will give him/her a huge sorry and give them their house back and I love the server so much and I would do anything back and if saying ohh my gosh is ok I didn't have a free pet aka horse and dog that was not tamed and that the horses were all tamed and left there I payed for a saddle and bam I go there no horses free I was brand new and did not understand the rules very well I please hope you can do something for me i will be the happiest person on earth.

Hope you forgive me,
          Kreeperkiller1O1 aka Zezzo2006

Thanks I hope we can be unbanned.

Regards,
Rafi

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on December 11, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to go over the rules with her, and helping her post a plea. While we do on occasion accept parental pleas on a child's behalf but seeing her own words here too is very nice! She seems like a great kid!

I will respond to her now.

I did not know what spam chat meant and griefing meant

I am glad you got to read the rules with your Dad and learn more about what they mean. Famcraft is a good place for learning how to play on a family friendly server. Some rules, like the spam rules, take a little getting used to. Don't worry, you will get used to them in no time.  8)

tell the other player that I will give him/her a huge sorry and give them their house back

On Famcraft, if one player breaks another players things the staff team works together to get it fixed. The players home has been restored, and it is just like new again.  ;D You won't have to repair anything, you'll only need to be careful in the future to remember not to break structures you did not build.

and I love the server so much and I would do anything back

All you have to do is remember to follow the rules.  :)

and if saying ohh my gosh is ok

Yep! It sure is. We added "omg" to the filter after some player's used it in an angry way that was offensive or upsetting to some members. It may eventually be removed from the filter. Saying "Oh my gosh!" is just fine.

I didn't have a free pet aka horse and dog that was not tamed and that the horses were all tamed and left there I payed for a saddle and bam I go there no horses free

Check again when you return to the server. If there are no free horses there, you can also check at /warp race :D We have a big place to ride horses over there, and some free horses in the pens.

I was brand new and did not understand the rules very well

That happens to everyone sometimes when they are in new places or new situations. I'm proud of you for wanting to know more about the rules, and learning about them with your Dad.

I please hope you can do something for me i will be the happiest person on earth.

You know what makes US happy here at Famcraft? Great players. You sure seem like you'll be a great player, especially now that you know all the rules.  8)

Hope you forgive me,  Kreeperkiller1O1 aka Zezzo2006

Forgiven and forgotten.  ;D Thank you for taking the time to post a plea. We will look very forward to seeing you back on Famcraft. Tell your Dad he can play too! We have a lot of parents that play on the server.  :o

See you soon!  :)