Famcraft

Author Topic: so sorry, plea to be unbanned  (Read 2157 times)

Offline KingTaga

• Beginner
    • View Profile
so sorry, plea to be unbanned
« Opened on January 17, 2015, 08:25:03 AM (Edited January 17, 2015, 11:28:19 AM) »
please see new message  :-[

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: WY AM I BANNED?? I got banned for no reason.
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2015, 10:11:09 AM »
 Do not post in this section multiple times. Do not post in all caps. This is not a plea. Furthermore, you know exactly why you were banned as you used a phrase blocked by the filter, said "oops" and were banned all within 2 seconds.

We have had a couple of issues with your attitude here. That, along with the fact that you used a swear on this server is how you earned your ban.

Offline KingTaga

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: WY AM I BANNED?? I got banned for no reason.
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2015, 11:22:28 AM (Edited January 17, 2015, 12:47:51 PM) »
Hello, I am the parent responsible for King Taga.  He is 8 years old and just learning the ropes of internet "etiquette".  FamCraft is his first public forum ever.  I am sorry that he was banned, and we would like to apologize and understand better what the issues are regarding his being banned.  I just spoke with him about what happened, in regards to the swearing he tells me he wrote "oops" because he did not realize what he wrote was a swear word.....he thought it meant "what the flip" and we apologize and it will not happen again.  I have also explained to him not to use all caps, as that is rude.  We plea for him to be unbanned, and if you allow him back on, could you please precise the "attitude" problem you are referring to so that we may correct his behavior on your wonderful famcraft server that he enjoys so very much. with many thanks and kind regards, king taga and his mom

ps we have also gone over all the rules together again and talked about respect to others and net etiquette in general. i admit after the first few days i let him loose on your server without much surveillance. im sorry i didnt do better too and i have asked him not to use the forum at all without running it by mom first.  i hope that he will take our talk to heart and do better if you give him another chance. we thank you very much indeed for being so attentive to the rules, that is why we allowed him on in the first place, because it is a safe place!

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: so sorry, plea to be unbanned
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to help your child post a plea.

On Famcraft, we make every effort to keep a positive upbeat attitude and respect the other players and the server rules.

While all players become frustrated at times (Myself included!), we prefer to see a minimum of "yelling" - all caps, or a lot of !!!?! type punctuation. We also prefer less "I am SO MAD" and more try, try again, lol. On a survival server a lot of things can be frustrating, but we like to see players try to deal with those frustrations calmly using good problem solving rather than becoming too upset.
 If any player finds a game to be too frustrating at the moment, it's often a good time for them to relax and take a short break, then try playing again a bit later.

We like to make sure all players work to respect one another and not lash out at each other when things go wrong.

When staff sees anything outside the rules or someone forgetting their manners with the other players, we try to remind the player in question to behave. A reminder is not the same thing as being in trouble. It is just to let the player know more about what we expect out of their behavior on the server.

There are a few things, however, on the server that will earn instant, no warning bans. The use of the "f" word or anything implying that word tends to get players banned very quickly.

In this case, your son was banned for the use of the phrase he believed meant "what the flip". As you may know, the most common use of this phrase is not nearly so innocent.

I will pardon him now based on your plea as his parent. As long as he pays attention to the rules and staff's guidance, he should do just fine here.

Additionally, please feel free to join him here on the server if you like. We have many adults and parents who play daily. It can be fun for the whole family.

We will look forward to seeing KingTaga back on the server.     

Offline KingTaga

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: so sorry, plea to be unbanned
« Reply #4 on January 18, 2015, 10:01:23 AM »
Thank you so very much for your reply and for lifting the ban on king taga. we have discussed the attitude issues that you described for us in your message. thank you for keeping players in check! i am impressed with your vigilance. kind regards, Mom

he would like to thank you too:

Dear FamCraft,
I would like to thank you for unbanning me. I know that I made a mistake and trust me, I will fix it. I will make sure that I am not banned again and that I will always follow the rules from now on. I learned that I should not use words that I do not exactly know the meaning of and I also learned that I need to keep a good attitude and not get frustrated.
Sincerely, King Taga