Famcraft

Author Topic: bubbahunter10 banned  (Read 2702 times)

Offline bubbahunter10

• Beginner
    • View Profile
bubbahunter10 banned
« Opened on January 19, 2015, 07:57:44 PM »
My son was in your server for maybe 10 minutes and was banned. Im not sure exactly why? He is 9 and this is our first time playing in the servers. This is less of a plee to jave the ban lifted and more of a plee for an explanation 

Thank You,
bubba's dad

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
Re: bubbahunter10 banned
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »
Hello,

I was the admin that banned bubbahunter10. Bubbahunter10 joined the server at the same time as another player that was pretending to be in creative and flying around. The other player was banned as well.

(bubbahunter10) gamemode 1

This, combined with the joining with another person claiming to be in creative at the same time is not a coincidence, and we do not have time to waste on players that join the server just to try an troll the players.

Offline bubbahunter10

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
Thank you for your prompt response,but I can assure you it was a coincidence. My son was simply exploring the area and had no bad intent. Maybe i should have had him spend a little more time reading the rules,and for that I accept responsibility.  I really just want to make sure that whatever mistake he made,he doesnt do it on another server.

Offline bubbahunter10

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
Im really not sure what he why he said "gamemode 1" he was just looking for games to play

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »
"gamemode 1" is a command to put yourself into creative in multiplayer.

This "trick" of joining a server, and pretending you are have changed your game mode, or are in creative has been around a long time, and used by players trying to get staff to adjust their gamemode, putting them into creative.

We have had this technique used countless times over the last few years of running this server. I'm sure that it may work other places, but it does not work here. This happens a few times a month, and bubbahunter10 joining at the exact time as another player attempting to do the same thing I believe is more than a coincidence.

Offline bubbahunter10

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2015, 08:48:05 PM »
Ok,i get it now. I apologize for him and now have a better understanding of you decision. I talked to him and i dont think he quite understood what he was doing. It was something he said he saw someone else do on youtube. I respect your decision and appreciate your explanation. I do assure you though,it was a coincidence.

Thank you,this has been a learning experience.

Offline bubbahunter10

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2015, 10:25:13 PM »
Is this ban permanent? The boy just wants to play. He really didnt mean any harm and is kind of upset about this whole situation.

I wish i could give a better plea for him but i really am not knowledgeable enough about minecraft to give a better argument.this is all very different than the xbox version that he has been playing. 

Offline Thoatt

• Admin-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2015, 11:05:26 PM »
This ban has been lifted.

He's been playing enough of the PC version to know the commands. If we see further issues from bubbahunter, the punishment will not be this light.

Offline bubbahunter10

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2015, 07:10:21 AM »
Thank you. I will have a long talk with him before he gets back on the server.