Famcraft

Author Topic: Plea to be unbanned  (Read 2108 times)

Offline breadmaker14

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Plea to be unbanned
« Opened on February 14, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »
Hi there
My kids were banned a short time ago for killing a cat.  I have sent a request through another link on your website, but have since found this forum.  Sorry, if I'm doubling your work.
We only started playing on your server yesterday.  I'm not really too familiar with minecraft on a whole, but we went over the rules yesterday before they started.  They are telling me they can kill wild animals for a variety of purposes?  One thought this cat was wild, one thought it was a pet. Once the cat was killed, my son told my daughter that it was someone's pet.  She told the person that she had killed their cat.  I think she also said ha, ha.  I have explained that this is inappropriate and that this world relates to real life, and that we follow the same rules as we do in reality.
I've been really impressed with what my son has been doing on your server today, so I'm really hoping that they may get a pardon on this occasion.
Thank you for your time.

Offline breadmaker14

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Plea to be unbanned
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »
Sorry- I have just seen my original post has come up here.

Offline breadmaker14

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2015, 08:14:01 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I completely understand what you are saying, and respect it completely.  My problem here is that I had two children using the same username, and one didn't do anything wrong. Is there a way that I can make a new username for him to be able to play? (I am completely ignorant to this stuff, sorry)

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2015, 08:19:53 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to go into a bit more detail on this situation.

Here on Famcraft we care about our players and the quality of their time here.

Taming an ocelot is not easy work. These animals are skittish and it requires some time and patience to tame one and turn it into a cat. Cats never occur naturally in Minecraft. To tame one you must first craft a fishing pole, catch several fish, locate an ocelot and then carefully tame it. Players feel a send of accomplishment and bonding when they create a pet cat.

It would be unfair to the player who was effected by this to allow your child to return to the server immediately.

This one time, I will reduce breadmaker's permanent ban to a 2 day temporary ban. After two days they can return to the server and play normally. Please consider taking this time to go over the rules with them. You can find the rules here: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Thank you. -RubensCherub

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »
 We are a bit out of sync on our replies, but a new username is up to you. This account will be unbanned in two days. If your children do well sharing an account, I would see no need to purchase another one.

The main benefits to each player having their own account are:

* If one gets in trouble, the other is not penalized
* Each player has their own money
* Each player gets to select their own 4 jobs
* Each player gets to select their own 3 homes + a home bed
* Each player can be uniquely identified in the community

Benefits to sharing an account include:

*Reduced expense while learning to play or finding a server they like
* A great way to teach sharing
* A nice way to improve problem solving skills
* Math practice learning how to spend/share money they have earned on the single account
* Working together to create home areas and both having full access to all player protections without having to modify the protections to allow one another

With Minecraft, you have to actually purchase additional accounts to have other user names. This is not a Famcraft thing, Famcraft is a privately owned public server and is not in any way affiliated with the maker of the game.

To purchase additional accounts, you would need to visit the Minecraft website here: https://minecraft.net/

Offline breadmaker14

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2015, 08:59:35 PM »
Thanks so much! He's thrilled!

Offline breadmaker14

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2015, 11:07:49 PM »
Hi there
My son has just tried to log in to play, after his username was banned for 2 days, and a message came up saying that Famcraft is for whitelist (or something about whitelist).  Can yo please tell me if there's something else he needs to do to be able to play?

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2015, 11:14:35 PM »
 I have added him to the whitelist. We are not always whitelisted, we just turn it on and off as needed. He should be able to log in now :)

Offline breadmaker14

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2015, 12:57:21 AM »
thank you!