Famcraft

Author Topic: Easy Crafting Mod  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Holly_Hamilton

• Donator
    • View Profile
Easy Crafting Mod
« Opened on May 26, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »
Is it possible to get the "Easy Crafting" mod (or similar) installed on famcraft?

I am sure many of us who play find it frustrating to drag stuff from our inventory to a crafting table to put items in the wrong place or forget recipes or know even what to do with all the stuff we have.

Something like "Easy Crafting" will show suggestions of what can be crafted with the items in our inventory.  How cool is that!?

Who would like something as cool as this in Famcraft?  If so let everyone know!  Thanks

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Easy Crafting Mod
« Reply #1 on May 26, 2015, 01:17:41 PM »
 We will nit be adding any additional plugins to Famcraft at this time. Thank you for understanding.

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on May 26, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »
When I first started playing Minecraft (and even when I was first on Famcraft) I had a horrible time remembering how to craft different things outside of the few basic things (pick, sword, torch, axe, seriously that's it) and I remember the great sense of accomplishment I felt anytime I could remember how to craft something.  Something like an Easy Crafting Mod would take away the ability to have that sense of accomplishment from remembering basic recipes (seriously the first time I played the game, I was in a hole in the ground for 20 minutes trying to figure out how to make a wooden pick).  Additionally the game is Minecraft, I'm putting an emphasis on the craft part, because a huge part of the game's idea is to craft things.  Although helpful, those kinds of mods, to me at least, take that aspect out of the game.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline Bush2003

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on May 27, 2015, 12:58:22 AM »
Me too eGI!  I still have things in my inventory that I don't know how to use for crafting... and I've been playing for almost 3 years!  I'm sure I could look it up, but they are parts of the game that I haven't gotten into very much (like brewing potions, music boxes, fireworks, etc).  Maybe I should sell them instead of just hanging on to them  :)

Offline Rally

• View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: Rallyru
« Reply #4 on May 27, 2015, 02:44:24 AM »
I'm just lazy when it comes to crafting... xD

Offline eGI

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on May 27, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »
Me too eGI!  I still have things in my inventory that I don't know how to use for crafting... and I've been playing for almost 3 years!

Honestly, I had that problem for a while, where I did not know how to craft some things (I still forget how to do some things I do not use very often).  So now, if I know I am going to need something for a project I am working on, I will make about 5 times what I need so I have more for later projects.  I have done that so many times with hoppers that I can not forget how to make them now because I have used them so many times in helping people make item sorters.
Head Coach Middle School Cross Country and Track
Assistant Coach High School Cross Country and Track

I know running... and a few other things...

Offline Miss_Ghouls

• Retired
  • Steampunk Pirate Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on May 27, 2015, 05:36:51 PM »
Don't forget, you can always do "/recipe (itemname)" to see the recipe, OR you can use the NEI (Not Enough Items) mod, which will let you see the recipes of anything by clicking on the item in the window. (In singleplayer, it can let you spawn in items just like creative mode, but on the server, it only works for recipes, and can't change your gamemode :P)