Famcraft

Author Topic: A Journey – A Friendship  (Read 5422 times)

Offline MrChris13

• Retired
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: MrChris13
A Journey – A Friendship
« Opened on July 26, 2015, 09:50:21 PM (Edited July 26, 2015, 09:53:55 PM) »
   One day, Luke was searching for a new server; the one he had been playing on was abandoned due to lack of funds. He loved the Precious Stones plugin that was used on the old server, so he Googled “precious stones minecraft server”. There were many results, the top one being “Famcraft.com”. Luke clicked on this website and saw that this server had Precious Stones, as well as all the other plugins he wanted. He also noticed that it was a “family friendly” server, and quickly typed in the IP address.

The day was around January 9th, 2013: Luke’s 16th birthday. Upon logging in, Luke was greeted by players of all ages welcoming him to the server. He was given a tour by a mythical staff member named RubensCherub, and instantly he knew that he had found a server as good as the one he had lost; maybe better.

As Luke became more familiar with the server, he invited his younger brother, Chris, to join the fray. Chris was 14, and his parents frowned upon him chatting with strangers on the internet, meaning that he was not allowed to have chat enabled on Minecraft. Famcraft quickly became an exception as Luke informed his parents that it was a family friendly server: no swearing or inappropriate jokes, messages, or builds were allowed.

Luke and Chris came to know the server better than any other. They met friends: RubensCherub who they called Anna, Thoatt, eGI, Rundrop, experiencedgamer, somehobo365 who they called Jared (later known as FamcraftHobo), HardcoreGamer24, SilverWolfLady known as Miranda, KittyMew113, iluvyuki144 (later known as YukiIjirashii) and importantly for Chris: StitchAKA626. Stitch was Chris’ age and liked the same things as Chris; they soon connected like flesh to bones. Stitch had a friend since the first grade named vespamartio, whom Chris was later informed didn’t like him at the time.

Chris was introduced to Mumble: the voice chat software Famcrafters used to communicate easier while playing. He installed this program on his computer and, at first shyly, joined into the conversation. The Famcraft experience was greater when he was able to converse using his microphone. Chris was able to bond even better with Stitch and, as he became to know him, vespa. Inside jokes were made, teamwork was incorporated, and friendship became stronger.

As Chris came to know Stitch and vespa better, he began to talk to them for hours each day which prompted him to add them to his Skype list.  Their trust of each other grew until they shared their full names and addresses, no longer were they known as Stitch and vespa, but as Jordan and Matthew (although they did not show their faces until nearly a full year later).

Chris was devastated to learn that they lived in Florida; a long ways from his house in North Carolina, and was determined to meet them one day. After two years, Jordan learned that he was going on vacation in a cabin in Tennessee mere miles from Chris’ house. Knowing that this was an opportunity to meet one another, Chris asked his parents if they would be willing to host Jordan’s family for a cookout on Jordan’s way home to Florida. Chris’ parents having said yes, Jordan had his parents invite Matthew on their vacation, and the plans were settled: they would meet on June 13th.

Thus, after 5 months of planning and waiting, the day finally came.

(toastme3 is my cousin)

I would like to sincerely thank the creators of Famcraft, bknysnake and micahdg, for helping me meet my internet friends, those who I now title my best friends. Although we don’t play on the Famcraft server as much as we used to, we still spend hours a day chatting with each other, and it’s all because of you that we’ve become such good friends. Thank you.

Sincerely,
MrChris13

(This is my 1000th post, nothing to see here)

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
Re: A Journey – A Friendship
« Reply #1 on July 26, 2015, 09:50:53 PM (Edited August 01, 2015, 01:24:43 PM) »
Vespamartio’s Side of the Story

One day, Miranda (SilverWolfLady) and I were server hunting. We came across a few that we liked but none really captured our interest. I was scrolling through a list of servers when I saw what I assumed to say ‘Farmcraft’. At the time, I was oddly obsessed with farming, so I typed in the IP but as I was doing so, I realized my mistake. However, because of my laziness, I figured, "Eh, I already typed in half of it, might as well finish”. Next thing I knew, I was greeted by about a bajillion welcome’s. When I saw that, I told Miranda the IP and she joined and the great and powerful Anna (RubensCherub) gave us a tour. The next day, I rushed onto what I now knew as Famcraft and saw that Miranda had beat me to it by inviting Jordan (StitchAKA626) to play.

The server was full of friendly faces and plenty of people to have fun with, some we even still talk to. Then, through some random conversation, I learned that Jordan’s favorite person on the server was MrChris13. When I heard the name I shuddered in disbelief, thinking of how he acted in chat. However, a few Mumble chats and Skype calls later, I realized I had been too quick to judge him. He was similar to Jordan and I in more ways than one and we soon found ourselves talking to him on a regular basis.

Low and behold, one fateful day, we were on an average skype call and Jordan asks me if I wanted to come on vacation with him and his parents for a week at a cabin in Tennessee. I was skeptical at first because despite having known Jordan for many years, we had never done something like this. However, I was soon informed that we would also be meeting Chris. That sealed the deal for me. My response to hearing this information wasn’t as exciting as they had hoped for, because after they told me I was just like, “K”. On the inside however, I was jumping for joy, but don’t tell them that  :P.

Before I knew it, school was out and we were on our way to the Smoky Mountains. After a fun week of various activities and me almost trying a taco for the first time, it was finally time for the day we’d been waiting for. Now, we might not have spent a ton of time at his house that day, but it was more than enough to know that I’ve definitely made another best friend that I hope to know for years to come.

Thank you all,
vespamartio
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
  • Professional Blue Koala 🐨
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: StitchAKA626
« Reply #2 on July 26, 2015, 09:50:59 PM »
That is a flattering picture of me.  ::)

"Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on July 27, 2015, 09:00:47 AM (Edited July 27, 2015, 09:04:17 AM) »
Wow! Famcraft.. Its just to good of a server (that's a good thing) I am so happy it has stayed that way for my whole 2+ years on the server.

Offline PixelArtistTavi

• Donator
  • Mew Mao Mew, now go make me a Sammich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »
Hey how come I'm not mentioned in story :P

Offline Domsters931

• Donator
  • I love building
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2015, 11:00:23 PM »
How is Luke? I haven't seen him forever.

Offline ParagliderPanda

• Retired
  • I am the Lorax! I speak for the Trees!
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PandemicPanda
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »
As fuz7ybob, I joined too late to get to know all those people well enough (hobo, Miranda, Chris,  Luke,  eGI, etc...). I remember playing all sorts of minigames with all of y'all while we were on mumble. (Remember all those king of the ladders?) Mumble every night was the most fun I had ever had. So many people (18 people in total?) Either way, we had so much fun. But I wasn't able to get to know anyone well enough before they stopped playing. I guess I joined the server too late. I did, however, get to know stitch and Vespa slightly well enough to become friends. We were friends until one day, they stopped playing on the survival server. This devastated me because they were (sadly) the first good friends I made on famcraft. I had been friends with everyone, but not good enough friends to do anything like what Vespa, stitch, and Chris did. I am very happy for you guys and I really hope I see you on the server soon. We all miss you guys. You will always be welcomed back.

- your friendly neighborhood  ~Fuz7y~

Sometimes you have to look Beyond The Panda.

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
;-; no Fuz, no! The guilt is real! I have new obligations now...

Hello! I'm Stitch! A blue alien koala who sometimes plays as a gray African Wild Dog named Layden!

Offline Stitch 🔷 Jordyn

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on August 01, 2015, 01:23:25 PM (Edited August 01, 2015, 01:25:34 PM) »
...and me trying a taco for the first time...

UH-HUM, I missed something the first time I read that post... he was GOING to try a taco, but he chickened out at the Mexican restaurant and ordered chicken nuggets instead...

-------------------------
wow, right after I posted this, he changed it to "almost tried a taco" :P

Offline vespamartio

• Donator
  • ello
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: vespamartio
« Reply #9 on August 01, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »
pfft, my post says 'almost' trying a taco, read between the lines  :P

also, i shant cease searching until I discover a way to contact fuzy other than the wonderful world of Famcraft
"Isn't it funny how
day by day
nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different..."
        - C.S. Lewis

Offline ~PaintBrush

• #MustHaveSprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on August 01, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »
But Tacos are awesome! ::) :P I'm srs tho.. su good..
My Most Dangerous Weapon Yet...

*Fishey Slap*

BAM!

Offline ParagliderPanda

• Retired
  • I am the Lorax! I speak for the Trees!
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: PandemicPanda
« Reply #11 on August 01, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
;-; no Fuz, no! The guilt is real! I have new obligations now...

Guilt? I was just telling a story about a player named fuzy and his adventures. I don't see guilt. *wink*

Sometimes you have to look Beyond The Panda.

Offline FrodoRose

• A wizzard dosen't sleep, they snore with shut eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »
That's a really nice story. =D

I always convince myself that computers rot your brain, but that's only if you do if your to long. Sometimes it can improve your heart, ecepcitly when its Famcraft! =D
Time can't fly, it has no wings.
Moutains can't move, they have no legs.
Sugar can die, I have a mouth