Famcraft

Author Topic: Plea to be un-banned  (Read 3165 times)

Offline jacketsniffer

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Plea to be un-banned
« Opened on October 04, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
This is creamofwheat29's message:

When I went on the newer server I found it really fun and I wanted to build or make my own clan. I new that there were jobs and there were farms so I became a farmer and now I am really good at it and get lots of money. But now I don't know what happened and I don't know if missed a place or what ever.

if you could tell me so if I am let back on the sever I will know what not to do that would be great. Thank you for taking your time to read this plea

From,

Creamofwheat29

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Plea to be un-banned
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2015, 01:36:19 AM (Edited October 05, 2015, 01:42:50 AM) »
Dad,
  I am sorry but this is just not going to work out. Our rules are simple and straight   forward. In addition to all the times CreamofWheat has been banned, they have also been warned many times to PLEASE replant. They simply will not.

I think it is time for CreamofWheat to move on and find a server that better suits her needs.

Our staff team is diligent about enforcing the rules, and about keeping our public farms neat, tidy and replanted to that ALL players can benefit from these resouces. Each time a player refuses to replant, staff takes their own personal time to go replant the farm. Staff has very little free time as it is. I don't expect them to have to beg a player to replant or to continually clean up after the same player time and time again.

I am sorry things did not work out here. I wish you both the very best in finding another family friendly server that better suits CreamofWheat's playstyle.

Nov. 11, 2014

Did not replant at the public farm. A staff member pleaded with her to replant, and finally kicked her off the server. She logged back in and finally replanted.

Nov 11, 2014

Greifed a home. - Banned 2 days

Nov 12, 2014

Took a half of each giant mushroom at the public farm leaving a mess for staff to clean up. There were signs everywhere asking that entire trees/mushrooms be taken down.  - Banned 3 days

Nov 14, 2014

Did not replant the carrots at the public farm.  - Banned 2 days

Dec 16, 2014

Did not replant giant mushrooms at public farm.   -Banned 2 days

Dec 29, 2014

Did not replant cocoa beans at public farm. Permbanned.

--- CreamofWheat was somehow ACCIDENTALLY unbanned on the transition to 1.8, but we gave her another chance... ---

Oct 3, 2015

Did not replant at the public farm. - Permbanned

Offline jacketsniffer

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
Hi there,

This is CreamofWheat's mom, and I would like to further plead the case for my 10 year old daughter.  As a mom of three I greatly appreciate all the monitoring you do on the server of create such a wonderful environment that children like my son and daughter can safely enjoy.  I understand how much work it is.  And while I fully support the temporary bans for being not careful enough about replanting I do feel a permanent band is a bit harsh.

I know she has been banned for the same thing several times, and I am not excusing her actions, but please even you must see that these are not done with malicious intent or blatant disregard for the rules. Instead I ask that you see them as that of a child who missed replanting an item or two through shear accident.  We have fairly strict time rules about screen time at our house, so some the blame is mine as I know she feels rushed to exit the game when her timer rings. In speaking to her, she is deeply devastated by the ban as she did not realize she missed replanting. I know she checks any public farms she used as I have seen her do this as I stand over her tapping the timer.

Again, I realize this has happened several times (one of which was the cause of a server delay), but the first few were that of a child learning to navigate such a system and rules for the first time in her life at the age of 9.  I am not asking to lift a ban, make even a month long, just the permanent aspect of it. 

I have looked at other permanent bands, and they seem to me to be much higher in the level of offence, both in intent and action.  She is a child and as such does and will make mistakes, the same ones, over and over and over again, as the she learns and develops strategies to be more consistent and detailed about her work. I am not a MineCraft player and as such cannot give her tips how to prevent missing replanting.  Please if you have suggestions for techniques/methods that she can use which will help her in identifying areas needing replanting she would love that.

So in closing, I hope I have conveyed that replanting issue is not that of a careless teenager but that of a very hard working, conscientious s girl, who for some reason keeps missing replanting despite her best efforts. Like yourselves I strongly believe in consequences. A consequence a child can learn from, not a punishment that does not fit the crime, as I feel that creates cynicisms and  disillusionment. And that is not a way for any child to be.

I thank you for your time and further consideration.

A loving Mom

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2015, 10:13:50 PM (Edited October 05, 2015, 10:15:35 PM) »
 Hello Mom. I've discussed this with several other team members and we have decided to leave this permban in place.

And while I fully support the temporary bans for being not careful enough about replanting I do feel a permanent band is a bit harsh.

While I respect your right to your opinion, our opinion is that we should only have to temp ban a player so many times before enough is enough. Creamofwheat has well exceeded a reasonable number of tempbans for this issue.

I know she has been banned for the same thing several times, and I am not excusing her actions, but please even you must see that these are not done with malicious intent or blatant disregard for the rules.

Even me? A loving mom of three kids with a daughter about CreamofWheat's age?

Regardless of if she has malicious intent or not, I do see a clear disregard of the rules. Regardless, she has been tempbanned enough and we are no longer willing to continue along this path.

Instead I ask that you see them as that of a child who missed replanting an item or two through shear accident.

It's quite difficult to accidently fail to replant. I understand you do not play the game, but if there are crops present, you see them, if you remove the crops you see empty soil until you replant. This is not easily missed. Furthermore, the act of harvesting the crops actually gives you the very seeds you need to replant. This is not a complicated task.

I have looked at other permanent bands, and they seem to me to be much higher in the level of offence, both in intent and action.

Then I am certain you respect the fact that we do make these choices on a case by case basis. I am also sure you understand not every banned player posts a plea here. Most of those who have been tempbanned several times prior to being permbanned do not post a plea.

So in closing, I hope I have conveyed that replanting issue is not that of a careless teenager but that of a very hard working, conscientious s girl, who for some reason keeps missing replanting despite her best efforts.

I am sorry, but if this is her best effort, then this is not currently the server for her. I do hope you will be able to find one she enjoys. If she still wants to play here in a year or so and you feel she will be able to follow the rules at that time, then please feel free to post another plea and we will give it some consideration.

Thank you for your time and farewell for now.