Famcraft

Author Topic: Inquiry into Ban of Child  (Read 2562 times)

Offline tne23

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Inquiry into Ban of Child
« Opened on October 19, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
Good Evening,

I would like to inquire as to why my child was banned from your server.  At the time my child was banned, I was sitting next to him while he was playing the game of minecraft on your server.  I did not notice any deviant behavior on the part of my child, but as my child and I are new to playing minecraft online, we may not have realized a rule was violated in accordance to the rules of your website.  Could FamCraft please inform us as to the reason for this ban.  Thank you.     

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: Inquiry into Ban of Child
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2015, 11:45:35 PM »
 Thank you for taking the time to inquire about JNE23's ban.

Famcraft is very strictly a no griefing, no stealing server. When players join the server they spawn with a book that includes these rules. These rules are also some of the first ones posted on the wall right at spawn.

JNE23 visited /warp Halloween and proceeded to break and steal the skulls (player heads) he saw on display there. We do feel he knew this was wrong as he had hidden them away in his enderchest.

On this server, every block transaction is recorded, so we are certain it was JNE23 who actually broke and removed the skulls.

We hope this information helps you understand a bit more about the reason your child was banned.

Offline tne23

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
Thank you for responding to my inquiry.  First this is a game and as such, it is impossible to actually "steal" something that does not truly exist.  Additionally, to prove that he stole something, the evidence would have to prove that my child did not intend to return what ever was stolen.  So, if you have proof that my child did not intend to return these heads then please share that information.  Please don't get me wrong, I understand how you are loosely using the term steal, but the term steal is a strong word and please remember these are children and they are still learning the ways of life and interacting in society, so I would appreciate if you are going to accuse my child of taking something then please use the correct terms as not to confuse my child or other children.  Second, this is a game open to the public so, if you or FamCraft actually believe that each and every child who visits the FamCraft website reads every rule and comprehends these rules then you and the FamCraft staff are mistaken.  If these rules are truly that important then why not require each child to attend a one a one meeting and go over each and every rule with them before the child can play on the website.  From my limited understanding of the online Minecraft virtual world that is called Whitelisting.  Again please remember these are young children.  They just want to play the video game.  I can guarantee my child knows not to take something that truly exists from someone or somewhere. 
As you surely know gaming is a virtual world and does not truly exist.  Gaming exists for entertainment.  Specifically, from my understanding, the game Minecraft is a game of building, breaking and gathering virtual objects as well as allowing the child to express their creativity.  As such, if FamCraft did not want the heads destroyed or taken then why not implement safe guards to ensure the heads couldn't be broken or taken.  Again I'm sure you and FamCraft understand these are children and this is video game that encourages the player to build, break and gather items.  Of course, I understand that FamCraft does maintain this server and as such can implement whatever rules they choose. But also understand, that as you know FamCraft caters to younger children and surly understands that when younger children are involved, mistakes and implosive decisions be will be made by the children.  There is a reason consequences for doing wrong are different for adults and children.  Children have not had the chance to learn all the rules and life lessons that adults have, that's why we teach, explain, watch over, forgive and allow children to make mistakes, but ensure they learn from the mistakes, as such I would ask that you reconsider this ban on my child and allow my child to again enjoy interacting on the FamCraft server.

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2015, 12:26:14 PM »
 Oh, you're one of those parents.  ;D

When your child is older and ends up shoplifting from  a public store where everyone is allowed to visit without a one on one meeting to discuss the laws and their no-shop lifting policy perhaps your child's lawyer will be able to effectively use the defense that your child possibly intended to return the item.

It's never too early to teach your child right from wrong. It's also never too early to teach them they are human, and therefore imperfect.

I'm sorry but because of the attitude you very clearly display here, we'll have to encourage you to keep server hunting.

Farewell. You'll now be banned from this forum.