Famcraft

Author Topic: My 7 year old was just banned  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Pandoras Mum

• Beginner
    • View Profile
My 7 year old was just banned
« Opened on November 05, 2014, 12:57:09 AM »
Hello,

My 7 year old just came to me crying saying she was banned for "telling the truth". Her username is PandoraMere. I asked her what happened and this is what I gathered from what she said: she said there was a creeper outside her door, and someone teleported to her - their name was Kronos. The creeper disappeared. The Kronos person asked her "Did you build this?" (referring to the house she was in) and Pandora replied "yes". Kronos said "are you sure?" and Pandora said "yes" again. Kronos then said "I gave the chance" and then banned her.

Pandora has been playing Minecraft for about three years now and I don't know what the house looked like to make this person not believe she built it (she said it was "Halloween" looking?) but I'd really like a bit more explanation as to why she was banned. The message that comes up now when we try to log into the server says "Lying is not cool. Neither is trolling. Please take it elsewhere." Pan is very upset and would really like to be unbanned as she enjoys playing on the server.

Thanks,
Pandora's Mum

Offline Pandoras Mum

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: My 7 year old was just banned
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2014, 01:13:03 AM »
Ok I just talked again to Pan, after reading the server rules, and she said she did take stuff from other peoples' houses to build her own house. She understands now that when the mod was asking if she built the house herself they weren't asking about actually placing the blocks but earning the resources herself.

From Pan: i thought he was talking about placing the blocks. im very sorry

Offline RubensCherub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Name: RubensCherub
Re: My 7 year old was just banned
« Reply #2 on November 05, 2014, 04:21:11 AM (Edited November 05, 2014, 10:09:19 AM) »
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to plea. As I parent myself, I know this is hard to hear, but you may wish to speak with your daughter again as she is not being honest with you.

Each and every block transaction on this server is logged. All staff members are able to click on any block to determine who placed or broke the block. I have visited the home myself and verified that she indeed did not build it. Our rules matter- they are here to keep players safe and happy. We also highly value honesty here.

Pandora absolutely did not build the house she was in. Furthermore when a moderator tried to help her avoid a punishment, she was pretty disrespectful.

Here is some of the conversation:

[00:33] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) well does he know your living here?
[00:33] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i put random names
[00:34] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) does he?
[00:34] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) no
[00:34] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) well he built this...
[00:34] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) random names dude random names
[00:34] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) he did not
[00:35] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) yes he did
[00:35] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) no i did'
[00:35] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) you placed the wool not the house
[00:35] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) my style
[00:36] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) so PandoraMere are you positve you built this
[00:36] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) yes
[00:37] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) im going to give you one more chance did you build this place?
[00:37] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) yes
[00:38] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) lets be ^honest PandoraMere
[00:38] <plenary`> [365] ^honest: Please always remember to be honest with other players. Wanting to keep personal details private, such as your real name and age, is perfectly fine. Online safety matters. However, please do not fib about game/server related things. We value your honesty.
[00:38] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) I can see every block transaction here
[00:38] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) im telling the truth ive never told a lie ever
[00:38] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i know
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i did
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) look
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i did
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) I can see every block tansaction here
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i did it
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) tell me the truth now and I will let you take your items and go
[00:39] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) or I will ban you
[00:40] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i have something
[00:40] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) bye
[00:40] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) I gave the chance
[00:40] <FamCraftIRC> (PandoraMere) i did
[00:40] <FamCraftIRC> (Helper: ~Kronos~) happy server hunting

We would like to see Pandora have a better understanding of the rules before we would consider allowing a return. We would also like her to understand that being dishonest never helps any situation on Famcraft.

You can review the rules with her here: https://famcraft.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Once you have had the chance to go over these rules with your daughter, if you both feel like this is the right server for her play-style, then please reply here and we will look into unbanning her.

Again, thank you for taking the time to plea.    -RubensCherub

Edited to add:

In further review of this case, it also seems as while the staff member was trying to sort things out, in addition to being verbally disrespectful, Pandora also took that time to try to trap the staff member in a box of wool (still placing in an area that was not hers) rather than focusing on working out the issue.
 We would also like for Pandora to understand our staff makes every effort to remain respectful of players, but we do expect the same in return. These are the very staff members who would be here to help her if she had an issue and needed assistance.